Supra Differentials

charddy

May 9, 2008
Roseau, Dominica
It's not there.. I looked.. well i did see a 2.. not sure if they had 2 ratio's... but nothing like the common 3.XX or 4.XX. according to the other methods.. the counting pinions and ring gear and the counting the spin of the pinion to the complete turn of the ring gear are consistent.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
charddy;1076610 said:
It's not there.. I looked.. well i did see a 2.. not sure if they had 2 ratio's... but nothing like the common 3.XX or 4.XX. according to the other methods.. the counting pinions and ring gear and the counting the spin of the pinion to the complete turn of the ring gear are consistent.

My ring gears are marked with several number sets,
but only one has the tooth count of both the pinion, and the ring,
( 9x41 )
The other does not.

Find the chassis tag on your car.
On it will be a chassis/trans code.
If you give me that number, I can look it up,
and tell you what the ratio is.
(only if no one swapped the rear end out)

charddy

May 9, 2008
Roseau, Dominica
Yes.. someone swapped it out in the past. Thats why I wanted to open it. I saw the thread on the Tag codes and stuff. Good info. but i have that same count. 9 on the pinion and 41 on the ring gear. Non LSD

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Hi guys, I wanted to come back to this to ask if anyone knows from the pics I posted up what kind of diff I have. I'm not home right now and I may not be until the weekend and I have to attend a family function on saturday. I won't be able to get to it until sunday.

The reason I ask is because I'm itching to get this done, but I want to order the seal so I have it for sunday, so if anyone knows what kind of diff this is then I'll get that part, as well as some diff oil.

If you can't tell from the pics, then I understand.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
wasnt there a standard diff for pre 89 T auto and another for R154? then another diff for 89+ T auto and another for R154. i also think there was a different diff for the W58 etc.

whats the standard deal?

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
also, when the car is off the ground and i turn one wheel foward the other spins the opposite direction. is this normal or is my lsd fried? i believe last time i did this the car was in neutral.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
charddy;1081949 said:
does any one know what ratio diff came from the factory on the 7m-gte and R154? As well as the 1JZ-GTE and R154? Thanks :D

The JZA70/1JZGTE came with a 4.10 torsen most all of them that I know of especially with the R154

The MA70 7MGTE turbo models came with 3.7 after 89 3.9 before 89 7MGE models came all with 4.3 some came with LSD if you ordered it or if it was the sport package TEMS headlight cleaners etc. ---> this speaks for US models & doesnt include GA70 turbo A group A etc..

The best US diff for the 1JZ swap is 4.3 pure fun to drive but with gas prices & upgraded power dailey/freeway driving the 3.9 is best for all around

3.7 will be slower on excel fewer shifts & give you better fuel economy.