Stumped on tuning device options

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
While there are a few EMS options out there. You also cannot beat the plug-n-play of the AEM. Yes you could go with haltech, Stinger etc but you can expect to add a couple more hundred $ to the price for a decent wiring harness.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Lots of people can't afford to buy a couple of engines to learn the art of tuning.

If you CAN afford to buy new engines, you can afford a standalone. Unless of course... you WANT to learn how to tune, and can afford to replace broken hardware.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
you may be able to afford multiple engines... or do "other" things to the car with that money. Like...wheels, tires, paint, interior, suspension... those sort of things.

I'm on engine number 3(same block from 88 though..haha) and that shit gets expensive.

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
mustangman05 said:
and I am not one of those that can afford multiple motors :(

Ha you already have multiple motors. They are just laying around your garage in pieces. You just need to assemble it all into one engine and put it into one of those bodies sitting around your back yard.

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I was thinking of building a motor using one of those ebay kits just to last me till my forged motor is done for a little over 350 I would have new pistons, water pump,oil pump,rings,bearings,seals etc.... throw in an extra 50 bucks for arp rod bolts and have a buddy at the machine shop re size my rods after I stress relive them.