Stumbled across this supra...

PROJECT N00b

XBL: Mkiii DriFt3r
May 22, 2005
honolulu, california
www.myspace.com
Rajunz said:
That's the 1st thing I thought of also..........:biglaugh:

I like the sides and the rear bumper. Tails and front end can definitely be improved on.

I have always wanted to see a MKIII painted with a black roof, that looks cool.

theres a supra like that that has a white/black combo...240 comes to mind.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
when will people learn these cars are squared off, boxy, cars. IMO making everything rounded with no lines just doesnt fit. Though the vents in the doors/quarters look ok......

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The supra is not really that boxy. At least to me it is not. It just has sharp body lines.

This is a boxy squared off car.

IMG_0207.JPG

I look at my own car and I do not think of a boxy squared off car at all. [Sorry for posting my own car. I just think this is a great angle of the Supra where most of the round and sharp lines of the car can be seen.]

p753691_1.jpg

There is a sharp line in the Supra running from the top of the round rear fender, through the round door, to the round front fender. It looks amazing when light hits it the right way.

Both front and rear bumpers are round with sharp lines.

The hood has a subtle curve in it. Light hitting the hood at the right angle of the small cowl lets you see this very nicely.

The mirrors are very round.

The 3piece spoiler is very round.

The end of the taillights are rounded the same way the edge of the rear fenders are.

Anyway, carry on. Sorry, just a pet-peeve of mine. I do not think of my car as boxy. It is just styled with a mix of curves and aggressive edges that work together very well, IMO.

EdgeSupra

Feb 19, 2006
New Jersey
I think trying to turn a Supra into anything but a Supra is dumb. If you dont want your car to look like a Supra, don't buy one.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
ONE: VERY nice car man, love the blacked out everything. Absolutly beautiful.

The car has SOME curves, but all lines are defined, where the top of the fender transitions to the side of the fender is a sharp 90 degree turn, where the windshield starts is a sharp angle, where the windshield meets the roof is a sharp angle, where the roof meets the hatch its a sharp angle. The only really "curves" the supra has is the slope of the front fenders/hood down to the bumper, the curve outward to the sides of the fenders and the bow out of the middle of the front/rear bumper from side to side.

The headlights are square, fog lights are square, taillights are square, mirrors have some curve but the glass is square, the grille (2 piece for 89+) is/are square, the lines of the car are square and are hard lines, when theres a change its abrupt and too the point, its not smoothed out over 10 inches of metal.

The car just has boxy, square, well defined line, styling. im not saying its a bad thing, i love the styling of the car, its why i own one. Kind of the way the MAXX front bumper doesnt fit well because of the round fog lights.

Compare the supra to the S2k next to it in your picture, THAT car is rounded and curvy......

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
i will say it, at least its an n/a.(it has the volt meter at least)

i do like the rear look tho, just the front looks like crap. really with that flat hood