strongly considering going 1jz just had a few questions

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
OneJoeZee said:
As far as I'm concerned that mystery FL 1300hp 1j car doesn't exist.

I know you FL guys have seen it supposedly but "I was there" isn't evidence for me.

A dyno sheet removes all doubt. Doesn't have to say what he's using since he seems to be so tight lipped about what he has but that's too big of a claim to not have anything at all to back it up.

We've got a 1000+hp 1J car in socal too, you know.
come down to florida joe and we'll go down to miami and all get dynoed and u'll see that the car will put down that much hp lol. i know u can't come down here to miami i don't have a dyno sheet of that car but i was there when he dynoed along with neils 1.5jz. neils car put down 917 whp 1100tq then spun a rod bearing and smiley put down 1300 with a gt 47-88

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
while you cant believe everything you read, there are lots of cars out there that we on the forums have no idea exist.

for example, there is a brown 1jz around here that put down ~800 whp that i dont think anyone on the forums knows about, except for the people that know the guy personally. not to mention that its a reliable car that you could daily drive once you got used to the clutch.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
vic, you might want to also check out www.JDMExchange.com they are based out of philly, and you might be able to save some cash by renting a box truck and driving instead of shipping from the west coast or the south.

edit, your probably going to have to call jdm exchange

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
well incoming news. just spun a bearing in my 7m..... i need to get the car running again asap b/c its my only mode of transportation. im gonna try and drop the pan and see if its possible to change the bearing and flush it out with a ton of oil and basically try and clean it up if its not too bad. im considering maybe gettin a jdm 7m and just swapping it or just park the car and save for the 1j. but the 2nd option is far from feasable considering i don't have any money and this is my only car and i can;t afford to have it just sitting there. and so my dilemma begins............ no one here is interested in buy a 89 supra turbo 5 speed targa top are they....lol...cuz thats seeming like a very possible option right now.