strange noise while driving

mao

Mar 22, 2010
Bolivia
hi!! need some help here please!!! I don't speak english very well so I'm gonna make this simple... there is a strange noise while i'm drive it's like toc toc toc! and when i go faster, the noise its faster too.. i don't have an idea what it is. the wheel bearing was replaced like 6 months ago, the ball joint of the lower control arms was replaced like 1 month ago, and the brake pads was replaced too.
any idea what can be ?

utorrent, descargar ares, ares

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
It's impossible to give you a correct answer, as the sound could be 1000 different things. Could you take a video of it?

Does it make that sound when the car sits and you give it gas in neutral?

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
Sure does sound wheel related then. I would start simple,, check the underguard plastic liner, it could have come off a little bit and started rubbing the wheel,If its all good then as stupid as it seems,,, check you haven't got something stuck in tyre tread, a rock, a bolt, anything, all sorts of things can get stuck and make all kinds of noises depending on whats stuck, especially if you got deep treads.

If all thats cool, then move on to check your brakes, since you got discs replaced maybe something has come loose, if all is good then possibly suspect that whoever did the wheel bearing didn't use grease on the wheel bearings and they have now failed again. Thats my thoughts.

2jz

Mar 18, 2012
Bellingham WA
Does the noise change speed with the RPM change or with the speed change? Ive had this issue as well but it was my transmission, it was the gear that was always spinning, i forget which one i think 4th? It would do it while sitting at idle as well.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Common causes:

Wheel bearings
Cracked / warped brake rotor
Tire with a bubble on the inner sidewall hitting a shock or suspension component or something attached to the tire. (Road debris, etc...)
Driveshaft out of balance, or something attached to the driveshaft (look for wire, etc that has wrapped around it.)

By jacking the car up, physically looking and/or spinning the wheels you should be able to locate it.

Simply put, you're there, and we aren't. Nobody can diagnose this without seeing/hearing the car.