Stock turbo pistons in N/A block?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
loki2043;563682 said:
stock turbo pistons will make u slooow. lower compression. and you will need to get everything machined to spec. you can't just bolt them up and drive.

read bold:
mk3tt;563641 said:
I just wounder would it be possible to put the stock turbo pistion (7mgte) into the na block without the rod, but using the 7mge rode with 7mgte piston? or would it be best to get an aftermarket pistion ? for na-t

Finnon;564790 said:
yeah heads are identical, cams are different, rods have oil squirters for the gte iirc.

cam, just the intake (n/a has more overlap).

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

TRIO_driver;1717202 said:
How to bring power back?

Since head was recently rebuild, it means I should lowered a little off a block, so I can get again same compression ratio as with non turbo pistons?

You change compression ratios by changing pistons only. If you do it by changing headgasket thicknesses or by shaving material off the block or head you'll affect the quench area.

TRIO_driver

Sep 26, 2010
Novi Sad
It is not about power, my Supra is in mint condition, and I want to keep it original as possible, some other car will be my 7MGTE turbo project.

Reason why I am askin' is because I can get whole 3.0 turbo engine with 40k km on it, for 150 euros, while one 7MGE piston OEM from toyota costs 90 euros each, count 6 times, and you got a lot of money..

i will buy engine anyway, but find other solution for my problem..

Thanks everyone!