still dont know

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
johnathan1 said:
damn, calm down and focus, or nobody...including jetjock will be able to help you!
:withstupi

Maybe it will help to for you to see what we know after a rather painful process...not a slam, but understand what all this has been about so far:

- We know you have a good TPS...your numbers (Kilo Ohms) was in spec
- We know you can clear the codes by pulling the EFI fuse
- We know your wiring is good...proved by jumpering IDL - E2...makes the code go away
- We know code 51 keeps popping up - adjustment of the TPS per this page is in question:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_103.html You can check this again to be sure...1st thing before anything else.

Don't let the way the car runs, other codes, or your frustration distract you...we need to focus on code 51 for now and eliminate it as a problem. After you double check the adjustment above...clear your codes, plug in the TPS...everything as normal...no jumpers. Turn on the ignition (don't start) and check for code 51....yes or no. Step on the gas, check for code 51...yes or no. Release gas, check for code 51...yes or no.

All I need for now is the 3 yes or no answers...in order.

<Thanks Guys...made it through another year> :)

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
supratj said:
no,yes, no thanx jdub

To quote Austin Powers...YEAH BABY! :runaway:
Your code 51 problem looks like it's fixed to me...now do this:

- Pull the EFI fuse again and reset the codes.
- Start the car, let it idle, keep your foot off the gas.
- What is the rpm
- Do you get any other codes?

<and you're welcome :) >

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
700 rpm, and like i said, sometimes i will have codes and sometimes i wont, i can start my car and have no codes, turn it off, then back on, and have a couple codes, turn it off, then back on, and have no codes or fewer codes

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Come on man...did you do this exactly like I said?

jdub said:
- Pull the EFI fuse again and reset the codes.
- Start the car, let it idle, keep your foot off the gas.
- What is the rpm
- Do you get any other codes?

700 rpm is normal...that is good. What code do you get when you do the above? Ignore code 51...it will appear every time if you touch the gas. The key is to let it idle on it's own. I need to know if it is throwing any other codes.

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
yes i did, and i do just let it idle, i dont touch the gas or anything, thats why i thought it was my ecu, bcuz i thought that would be the only explanation for the codes doing what they are doing, but you guys said that it probably wasnt, and i dont have another ecu to check it out or anything

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
supratj said:
yes i did, and i do just let it idle, i dont touch the gas or anything, thats why i thought it was my ecu, bcuz i thought that would be the only explanation for the codes doing what they are doing, but you guys said that it probably wasnt, and i dont have another ecu to check it out or anything

Trust me...the ECU rarely fails (unless you hook up the battery backwards that is). Plus it's obscene expensive...you want to eliminate any other thing it could be.

Now we know:
- Your TPS is good
- It's adjusted correctly
- Your idle rpm is right on (650 is spec...but close enough)

After you've reset the codes, start the car and let it idle. Turn it off, check the codes with the ignition on...what code do you get? (if any)

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
alright, i hope i have time to try that tomorrow, as soon as i get off work im suppose to head out of town for a wedding, and im hoping to be back sunday, but i will let you know as soon as i get it done