still dont know

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
ok, well i reset the tps, cleared all the codes, now there is no codes, press the gas, code, 51, let off the gas, no codes, jumped the connector, code 41, started it, reved it up, it started cutting in and out, still, just code 41, plugged the connector into tps, code 41 and while running and pressing the gas, still cutting in and out, so i took the jumper wire off, no codes, no poping, or cutting in and out, but when i hit the gas this time, it started poping a little bit, then code 51 came up, let off the gas, no codes( while running) shut it off, started it back up, now have code 51

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
How much more confusing can you be? How can you remove the diag jumper and have code 51 come up? It can't. Forget all that other crap about the jumper and the engine cutting in and out. No one told you to do that again since we already proved the wiring was good.

Clear any codes and then verify code 51 is there when you press the pedal and not there when the pedal is released. Press and release the pedal many times until you're satisfied it's working. At this point you should have a normal code when the pedal is released. You don't need to clear code 51. In fact you *can't* clear it because it's a diag only code. What is so hard to understand about this?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
supratj said:
ok, well i reset the tps, cleared all the codes, now there is no codes, press the gas, code, 51, let off the gas, no codes, jumped the connector, code 41, started it, reved it up, it started cutting in and out, still, just code 41, plugged the connector into tps, code 41 and while running and pressing the gas, still cutting in and out, so i took the jumper wire off, no codes, no poping, or cutting in and out, but when i hit the gas this time, it started poping a little bit, then code 51 came up, let off the gas, no codes( while running) shut it off, started it back up, now have code 51

Ok...I think I follow that. Remember, anytime your foot is on the gas, you will get code 51. You did tighten the TPS good after adjustment, right?

Clear your codes, plug in the TPS, turn on the ignition (don't start) and check for code 51....yes or no. Step on the gas, check for code 51...yes or no. Release gas, check for code 51...yes or no.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
I'm glad you follow it. How can something as simple as setting a contact closure turn into an act of Congress? Especially when the procedure is so clearly spelled out in the manual? Maybe he should use his meter instead of the MIL to set the TPS?

That's it for me. I'm applying opposite rudder and forward stick right now before it's too late. Considering the real problem solving is yet to come this is a lost cause.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
jetjock said:
I'm glad you follow it. How can something as simple as setting a contact closure turn into an act of Congress? Especially when the procedure is so clearly spelled out in the manual? Maybe he should use his meter instead of the MIL to set the TPS?

That's it for me. I'm applying opposite rudder and forward stick right now before it's too late. Considering the real problem solving is yet to come this is a lost cause.

I'm just used to how my daughter talks....one loooong sentence. :aigo:

Just selecting burner and unloading for airspeed between posts...I think he's getting close :x:

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
ok, first of all, the jumper to the connector not the diag jumper, and in post #39 jdub told me to do that shit again, and like i said the 51 code did come up when i hit the gas, and stopped when i let off, i did clearify that, but when i started it, it stayed on, thats when i cleared it again after i shut off the car bcuz it was still on, yes i did tighten the tps when i had adjusted it, so is there anything else that you said that i didnt do?? and thanx jdub for not being a dick like jetcock, i know he trying to help, and i appreciate it but dont get pissed bcuz i may not understand this shit, i told you before i dont do electrical work, so im sorry if im not as bright as you, im not trying to be a dick towards you, but i feel insulted by your comments when im sure that i have done everything that you 2 have told me, i learn alot more by having someone else showing me how to do it in person, not typing it, so yes it is difficult for me and you might have to repeat things

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok...had to fix myself a margarita :naughty: Afterall, it is my birthday...heehee.

Ok man...did you do this?

jdub said:
Clear your codes, plug in the TPS, turn on the ignition (don't start) and check for code 51....yes or no. Step on the gas, check for code 51...yes or no. Release gas, check for code 51...yes or no.

It's important...it's the only way for me to know if you adjusted the TPS correctly.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
This is your post Sport. I've added the asteriks:

"ok, well i reset the tps, cleared all the codes, now there is no codes, press the gas, code, 51, let off the gas, no codes, jumped the connector, code 41, started it, reved it up, it started cutting in and out, still, just code 41, *plugged the connector into tps, code 41 and while running and pressing the gas, still cutting in and out, so i took the jumper wire off*.

If you were refering to the connector jumper how did you plug the connector into the TPS with the jumper still in it? Oops. I may be a dick at times but at least I can compose a sentence. I initially ignored your whine for help because you write like a 10 year old but since I felt sorry enough for you to overcome that I'll accept responsibility for trying to help you out. My mistake...won't happen again.

While I'm being dick-like: 1) Why would you buy a 20 year old car and attempt to work on it without a clue of even the basics? 2) Why would you wait until something breaks before learning how it's supposed to work? If you have a manual why didn't you study it beforehand? Why would you try to work on a computer controlled engine without even knowing how to read a meter?

Ah well, it's no loss to me. You're the one with the broken car and I'm the one with the knowledge to fix it. You do the math.

(Happy B Day jdub)

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
ok, well first of all, you can get to the connector while its plugged in, you know, wires have to get in the plug too, so i hooked it up with the other wires that go into the plug,and you must right like a 10 year old too, bcuz i dont see any difference in how i type with your typing, and it doesnt matter what car i buy, i could buy a brand new car, and i would still have to work on it, and i rebiult my motor, everything was working fine before, i just blew a head gasket, so i thought that i would rebiuld it, every sensor and all the wiring were good when i took everything apart, i put everything back together the way it was when i took it apart, thats why i dont understand why its fucking up, and i am trying to learn this shit, but its hard for me, sorry i wasnt born with it like you, and i respect that you tried to help me, but appearently you dont respect that im trying to learn and it will take me a while to figure out what you guys are telling me to do, electrical systems are like a whole other world to me, and if you cant respect that, then i dont want your help anyways

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
You don't see any difference between my typing and yours yet feel you're capable of learning this stuff?! You put everything back together the way it was so you don't understand why the engine isn't working? Lol, it's clear there are a great many things you don't understand. As I said, it was my mistake. Good luck.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
damn, talk about hostility!

supratj: Haven't you ever heard the saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you"? jet jock is trying to help you, and you are just being all frustrated, which I can understand, but damn, calm down and focus, or nobody...including jetjock will be able to help you!

supratj

Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
i know, i told him that i appreciate his help and im trying to learn, but im not going to sit there and do nothing while he insults me, thats fucked up

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
meh, this thread is derailed anyhow.
in which case,

happy bday jdub!
and..... happy 999th post JJ!

supratj said:
and you must right like a 10 year old too, bcuz i dont see any difference in how i type with your typing

allow me to refer you to this thread.
Please read all, and emphasis placed on ALL of the content that Mike (SupraCentral) wrote.
If you read and pay attention, you'll see in which category this particular thread falls, and how you reacted in it is very wrong.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19859

Unfortunately, this is a model thread for what not to do.