Steel Seal BHG repair

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I found this site by accident. Thought it was kinda funny. Apparently its a "miracle" BHG repair that you pour into your rad. :nuts:

There is also a video...its kinda long but you can skip through most of the talking.

http://www.steelseal.com

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Yep, that's some top grade BS right there. That's just a product designed to steal your money. Kinda reminds me of some of the radiator stop leaks, those can be pretty harmful to you engin. The metal flakes adhere to the passages inside the radiator and restrict the flow, and sometimes block them completely. That would result in overheating.

I'm guessing this shit is similar. :bigun2:

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This is what you look like when you charge $3000 for a head gasket repair...and pour this crap in instead.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
WOW!

Just imagine if something like this REALLY worked. We would be rich from all the HG repairs we wouln't have to do.

This is crap though.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Hey I got an idea! Let's buy a bunch of the shit, turn around and sell it on ebay for a jacked up price, then use that money to buy ourselves new HK$ stopper gaskets!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
^ +1 for doing it urself. The only things I'll ever let a shop do to my head and block is the milling and getting them down to RA spec (plus oversizing the valves 1mm ;) ).

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
There's this one stuff I used a few years back, it wasn't bars leak, but it was liquid copper shit you pour into the radiator (following the directions of course) and it did, temporarily fix my BHG for about 2 weeks.

I dont recommend using it unless you just want your engine to last a week or so til you get a whole new engine. The stuff clogs up water ports and whatnot.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
To me this stuff shouldn't be allowed to be sold. Even if it did fix it (which would be temporary) It would just allow people to rip off a buyer.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
What I want to know is how it plans on fixing the fact that water/coolant has already leaked into the combustion chamber. Even if the head gasket gets sealed you're still going to have major problems... The rods, they knocking! :icon_razz

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
From the site:

For best results, do not use on vehicles with the following symptoms:
-Over three inches of coolant in the oil above the full line on the dip stick.
-If you have oil in the water.
-Losing more than 1 quart of coolant every 5 minutes out of the tail pipe.
-If you experience a lot of air bubbling in the overflow tank or back pressure-see additional directions below.

:aigo:

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
my girlfriends dad and i used some stuff like this on his 2000 ranger when it cracked a head drove it for 2 days cleared the codes and traded it in on a frontier damn ranger only had 60k on it? I wonder how long it lasted?