starting problem

s7mgte

Apr 16, 2007
ny
ok well i worked out all the dumb stuff like having no power and whatnot.. now when itstarts to turn over it wont fire up.. it sometimes sounds like it wants to but it wont... i think it may be timing not positive though...i set the cam wheels strait up and the notch on the main pulley at 0.. what did i do wrong?

turbogeek87

turbogeek87
Mar 29, 2006
Juneau, AK
s7mgte said:
ok well i worked out all the dumb stuff like having no power and whatnot.. now when itstarts to turn over it wont fire up.. it sometimes sounds like it wants to but it wont... i think it may be timing not positive though...i set the cam wheels strait up and the notch on the main pulley at 0.. what did i do wrong?

You might be a gear tooth off on the CPS... Happened to me.

megachao

Jul 22, 2007
Redlands, CA
I have the same exact problem. i replaced the battery and it did not help at all. The car runs fine when im able to start it up.(other than the fact it runs rich and cant see to pass california smog test, used to overheat and still somtimes smell like its about to overheat again and i dont know how to fix them)But first things first get it to start running.

I also think i have a valve seal leak cuz when i start the car after a few days of siting there white-blueish smoke comes out
does would that have a effect on starting the car?

And what do u mean a "gear tooth on the cps"?

So if u guys could help me out that would be great.

Last edited: