starter prob

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
lately ive ben haveing a prob with the car starting.the just goes click clikck when you turn the key like if the battery is dead so i jumped it all good.some times when i first go out to strt it it will fire right up no prob.the prob usaly happen during the day when its hot out side hardly ever at night when it cooler out. Are our stairters known for get heat soake, or could my battery be going bad its a red top i got for free and had to be recharged but the volt guage reads 12v befor i try to start.Also some times it will start right up ill drive to where im going come out after im done and then clickclickclick.or could it be a bad ground.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
12.68v is a fully charged battery. This problem tends to be in issue with the starter signal wire pretty often. Its a thin wire that is susceptable to corrosion. Heat raises resistance. This topic has been covered many times, try searching for past fixes.

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
X is right^^ heat raises resistance. As electrical resistance goes up, amperage goes down.The starting system has 2 circuits, the control circuit and feed circuit. Your problem is likely not in the control circuit. Hence the 'click click' noise. You most likely have unwanted resistance in the feed circuit. Try doing voltage drop tests with a mulimeter on the entire circuit to find the source of your unwanted resistance.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Yea i bought one from atuozone and i then i had the clicking when i try to start the car issue..... I used some fine grit sand paper and just made the copper connections look new again and I have not had the issue since. Hopefully it wont start back up any time soon