Starter bolt secret.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
I don't mind sarcasm, but if that flag is for real then you know how insanly expensive german mechanics are. Besides, I enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thanx for the ''advise'' though.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
get rid of your egr and it is cake walk

but yae have to attack it from the front remove all extetion done deal

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
Alot! of extensions.. enough to do it threw the front of the engine.

This way you will have it off in 15 min if you're lazy.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
i had a cheap wrench laying around... and bent it on about a 30 degree angle (bend the box end not the open end).. that wrench is set aside now for that purpose

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
87supradude said:
Update.
... All is working fine but when the clutch engages there is a lot of vibration..... (shook off my front neon).

LMAO! That's not a vibration problem- that's just the Supra trying to shed some of the shit bolted to it!
J/K- couldn't help myself...:naughty:
Hey- Did you resurface the flywheel before putting the new clutch in? Generally, a clutch will chatter if it's bolted to an uncut flywheel, at least in my experience.

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
Thanks for the reply ATL. thats good to know.
as for machining the flywheel no. I only had a day to swap it and the closest machine shop that could balance it was about 170k's from here.
Supra guy, my car is a show car so not evrything is about what I want. If it was my way it would be very different and deffinately not as clean LOL, JK. but seriousely Im not too fond of the neon myself. :gotrice:

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
87supradude said:
Thanks for the reply ATL. thats good to know.
as for machining the flywheel no. I only had a day to swap it and the closest machine shop that could balance it was about 170k's from here.
Supra guy, my car is a show car so not evrything is about what I want. If it was my way it would be very different and deffinately not as clean LOL, JK. but seriousely Im not too fond of the neon myself. :gotrice:

ouch i would get a new cluch plate with a stage 3 asap or you are gona bork it up

87supradude

living a country song
Jan 19, 2007
Salem, OR
ATL, did you mean to get a new flywheel? The spec stg.3 comes with pp and disk already.
MA7089, don't be intimidated. As far as I can tell you would have to do all of the same things to pull the motor plus a lot more as just swapping the trans. Puting it together was frikin simple after I got it out. Trust me I'm not great with a wrench yet but this is definately not rocket science either. After I did it I found a great write up in the tech section (that's how my luck is).

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
87supradude said:
ATL, did you mean to get a new flywheel? The spec stg.3 comes with pp and disk already.
MA7089, don't be intimidated. As far as I can tell you would have to do all of the same things to pull the motor plus a lot more as just swapping the trans. Puting it together was frikin simple after I got it out. Trust me I'm not great with a wrench yet but this is definately not rocket science either. After I did it I found a great write up in the tech section (that's how my luck is).

ya i ment flywheel my bad
after that it will be all zoooom zooooom

Last edited: