stainless lines and fitting

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
ok i want to get my motor to look nice when it gets running and i wanna get the stainless lines and fitting. the only problem is i don't know how they work never been exposed to them to find out. if someone could help me it would be great. i want it to look something like duanes but i know it won't be that nice.
thanx a lot

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Got LOTS and LOTS of $$$?

If you go proper AN style fittings and hose it's all reusable so you can do some practice runs on scrap hose until you're comfortable.

Get some good quality masking tape and wrap a few turns around the hose before cutting with either an abrasive wheel like in a dremel or a fine tooth hacksaw blade.

Use some lubricant on the fittings, CRC or it's like and get the correct aluminium wrenches.

You'll see how it all fits together when you disassemble the fitting.

Remove tape and go for it being careful to not spike your fingers or unravel the braids.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
There are a couple of ways that you can go about doing it. You can buy "reusuable" fittings and get a length of fine for the size that you need and assemble them yourself. They can be a pain to assemble until you get the hang of it. The three main suppliers are Earl's, Aeroquip, and Russel. Summit racing and Jegs both have there own line also. Not really sure of thier (Summit and Jegs) quality, but probably pretty good being that they are probably having one of the big three make them for them.

The other option is to find a local Hydraulic supply house and have them make the lines for you. Basically you tell them what you need and they do the rest.

Note that typically all fitting are classified as AN (arm/navy is what that stands for) and they are standerdized in size and are listed as -03, -04, -06, -08, -10, -12, -14, and so on.... You will want to find the dash size that is closest to the original line size. You are also going to need metric to AN adapter fittings for each location that you plan to hook up the lines.

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
so how could i find out what an size a hose would need to go onto my motor? do i just get a bunch and see which one fits best or is there some way to convert what a hise would be in an?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
I wanted to do some of the main 3 fuel lines going to the rail in the engine bay, any idea exactly what sizes I need and what fitting numbers and such for the connections?

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
drjonez the write up u did was pretty good exept its hard to understand some stuff with out pics and the holley one was better but it would still be better if someone could post like a short video or something just because that stuff is expensive and i really don't want to mess anything up. and once again how do i tell what an size i need for whatever hose i use?? any way to look that up or do i just guess?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
phoenix6 said:
I wanted to do some of the main 3 fuel lines going to the rail in the engine bay, any idea exactly what sizes I need and what fitting numbers and such for the connections?

mkiiitech.com has all the information youll need.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
lagged said:
summits lines seem to seep fuel vapor as well. :icon_mad:

that sux! but good to know nonetheless....

latemevol24 said:
drjonez the write up u did was pretty good exept its hard to understand some stuff with out pics and the holley one was better but it would still be better if someone could post like a short video or something just because that stuff is expensive and i really don't want to mess anything up. and once again how do i tell what an size i need for whatever hose i use?? any way to look that up or do i just guess?

heh. sorry man, all you get is the writeup....or i suppose you could fly me out and i'll do it for you. :3d_frown:

lagged said:
mkiiitech.com has all the information youll need.

heh. as w/most questions that come up....yup.