speeding show

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I am so sick of watching those shows on tv about how you cant out run the cops.
I'm no punk kid, but , I really wish they came out with someone to host all the chase scense caught on tape that the fleeing motorists out runs the cops.

every narrator/host always acts hard about not being able to out run the tuff guy rookie cop with the asshole hair due.

I know it happens, an prolly pisses of the cops.
I luv it !!
yes I speed just like everyone else. I would be a hypovcrit if i said I didnt, but at 32 , I know whats just stupid, a what you can get away with as a daily driver.,, although I wont do 95 in a 35,,,lol like whats his name in the other OT thread..lol,, sorry no offense...lol

but that would be awsome if a show about that came about... just to let know .... that "we " are better drivers,, .. sorry, noy juivenile is comming out,,,

Will

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I did see a video where a guy ran from the cops, he turned down a dirt road then it looked like he drive into a fence. But the fence did not break. The cop car stoped in front of the fence and the car was on the other side still running. Anyone see that video?

EDIT - Here it is link

Last edited:

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
The only reason a show like that doesn't exist is so some mouth breathing moron thinks he can out run the cops because he saw it on TV.

At one of the local autocrosses, a coupld officers showed up and thought they would show us how it's done in a patrol car. I wasn't very impressed by their performance. IIRC, they didn't make the top ten. Granted most of the cars out there had suspension mods and decent drivers.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
bentandbroken said:
The only reason a show like that doesn't exist is so some mouth breathing moron thinks he can out run the cops because he saw it on TV.

At one of the local autocrosses, a coupld officers showed up and thought they would show us how it's done in a patrol car. I wasn't very impressed by their performance. IIRC, they didn't make the top ten. Granted most of the cars out there had suspension mods and decent drivers.

Patrol cars have special suspension and rims/tires - they are built to certain specifications [Police Package]. They are supposed to be able to withstand curb climbing and impact more than a couple of times without problems. They are not as good as a set of choice coilovers, of course, but their suspension is more heavy-duty and durable than stock springs and shocks.
Maybe they should have done a bit better, and had an off day? Maybe they were not used to that kind of course?

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I think it's funny when the narrator says something like "...and they accelerate to MINDBOGGLING speeds, in excess of 100 mph!!!" It's not that fast, at least on the highway. Wake me up when they exceed 150 mph.

Of course, at that point the cops should really just stop chasing because they are endangering the public... idiots.

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
drunk_medic said:
Patrol cars have special suspension and rims/tires - they are built to certain specifications [Police Package]. They are supposed to be able to withstand curb climbing and impact more than a couple of times without problems. They are not as good as a set of choice coilovers, of course, but their suspension is more heavy-duty and durable than stock springs and shocks.
Maybe they should have done a bit better, and had an off day? Maybe they were not used to that kind of course?

This i understand, but it wouldn't do them any good on a back road in the middle of nowhere. Which is where i live. I'm just saying that wasn't the smartest thing the PD could have done. Now, if they would have done a driving demo on spinning evaders and what not it would've been that much cooler.

Sorry for thread jacking.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
ive got a friend who has out run the cops 6 times

EDIT: i know what some of you are thinking, and no, they wernt mounties on horseback.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
JMDigital said:
I did see a video where a guy ran from the cops, he turned down a dirt road then it looked like he drive into a fence. But the fence did not break. The cop car stoped in front of the fence and the car was on the other side still running. Anyone see that video?

EDIT - Here it is link

Ya, i remember that. It was really creepy.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
RazoE said:
yeah, until they get the CHOPPA!!

They have a damn helicopter and 5 news stations on your ass in minutes here in L.A...

i got the chopper once, that was cool

dobi

Jan 1, 2006
nowhere special
swaq said:
I think it's funny when the narrator says something like "...and they accelerate to MINDBOGGLING speeds, in excess of 100 mph!!!" It's not that fast, at least on the highway. Wake me up when they exceed 150 mph.QUOTE]

Yeah that's always lame. Every time I'm on the highway for more than an hour I usually get over a 100 at least once. Does that boggle your mind? Didn't think so.