Somebody buy this car

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Alright. I just got back from looking at the car as it was only a 30 min. drive away from me, and guess what it wasn't there. It was at his "buddies garage." That's right folks.. a 15k supra.. in a crappy local repair garage.

Tried his typical used car salesman bs on me, though they did have a old school ferrari on the lot which I really paid no mind. Anyway, he's looking to get between 10-12k and proceeded to tell me how much nicer it was than mine. I said, "oh yeah, so is there any way that your pal can drive it up here as it's only a few blocks away, or can I go and check it out at the garage?" He promptly said, "I don't think he is there today, let me give him a call." This guy let the phone ring about one time and hung up. Then he started squabbling about how nice the car is and how I should sell my supra to buy it.

At this point I was like look fucker, you're never going to get your asking price, or any where near it, and I guarantee my supra runs ten times better than the one you're trying to sell with 50k more miles. Too bad I couldn't test drive it to give you guys the real low down. I tried.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I used to live in Coventry and everyone that lives there knows that auto place is sketchy as hell. Most of the time the car's history is nowhere near as clean as they pretend they are.

So buyers beware.

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
whowouldfigga;1022753 said:
What!!! My 1989 7mgte has just under 38,000 miles on it with targa and I am the second owner. Leather seats are cracked but all else is stock and clean. Would someone really pay that much for a mk3

Cracked leather seats are indicative of more wear than is being let on usually!

Who

Supramania Contributor
QWIKSTRIKE;1023270 said:
Cracked leather seats are indicative of more wear than is being let on usually!
That crossed my mind but I bought it from the original owner who was very elderly. The passenger leather is cracked but not the drivers side. The leather itself is not worn. Its cracked from dry rot. Brittle in fact. The brake pedal has no wear. The coolant was toyota red (and rust). All original hoses and dry rotted belts with no wear and labels still showing. The leather on the steering wheel is good as new. The door armrests and center console look unused. I took it to TPS in West Palm for a look over and they told me to wrap it back up in the plastic and put in the garage. I just got lucky. One in a million.