Solved my lighting issue... Funny story

hello,

Well you see since I got my baby, the tail light fuse would pop randomly. As you all know that is basically all the illumination on the dash, tail lights, glove box, ash tray, and the hvac lighting (partial of it).

Well after going through and testing each item 1 by 1 I found it was the glove box light which was shorting and popping my fuse (after 20 15amp fuses)

I was excited to rip apart the dash to find this...

n537231926_1441747_8402.jpg

If you can't see that... YES ITS A SCREW SCREWED INTO THE LIGHT BULB SOCKET!

Just thought I should share that. As it is pretty funny, but also sucks, i hope the socket still works so i can throw a nice bright white led in there.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LAWLS!!!!

Looks like someone had the glovebox out (probably to pull the engine) and put a screw in it thinking it was a screwhole...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Where in NY are you? Also, if you end up needing a socket, PM me, I'll cut the one out of my car and send it to you free of charge. I don't need it anymore.

Thanks shaeff, I am at school in westchester home is Long Island.

I am almost certain the socket still works... It was shorting on me, so there is def power going to it. Might just not fit the bulb to well. I don't really care I'm, sure i'll make it work.

Thanks though.

And yes Poodles, but I always thought of taking note of things that ARE NOT screw holes lol. Just so this don't happen.

Vector89T

stickerdave.com
Aug 21, 2005
Lafayette, LA
It was just popping the fuse because it was a high wattage screw. Switch to a lower wattage screw and maybe the fuse'll hold.

The things we find from previous owners never ceases to amaze me. The 89T had nearly a dozen spent .45 shell casings under the back seat. I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Vector89T;1161057 said:
It was just popping the fuse because it was a high wattage screw. Switch to a lower wattage screw and maybe the fuse'll hold.

The things we find from previous owners never ceases to amaze me. The 89T had nearly a dozen spent .45 shell casings under the back seat. I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.

Wow man! thats serious. im glad mine was just a screw now and not bullets!