So N/A guys, what exhausts are you running?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
2 1/2 inch crush bent cat back, with resonator removed, leading out to an Otto Racing twin tip muffler..

Very basic set up, cost about $100 total, including getting it welded and mounted...

Once I get my headers I'm going with a Magnaflow twin tip muffler, mandrel-bent piping with a resonator added...

Jkm3141

Jul 18, 2007
Rochester, NY
i'm running a cherrybomb Glasspack which has a downward facing flange out of it directly off the header. It is incredibly loud and I love it. The previous owner had it setup on his Mk3, and i love the attention it gets at my college in my mk2. No one expects this tone out of an 'old toyota', and since my car weighs a tad less than a mk3 it can accually bite a little bit more compared to its bark than a mk3. I'm planning on running cutouts on a decent type exhaust on the 1uz that I will swap in later this year however. I love the tone of open header, but realistically I need to have less noise for daily use (aka cops)

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
For the very few 5M peeps;

TRUST header, RC Merge collector, stock cat, 2.5" HKS midpipe, 2.5" RC tailpipe, Magnaflow 2.5" inlet, dual outlet muffler

Lame ass vid :x

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
a crush bent 2.5" exhaust won't flow as smoothly as a mandrel bent 2.25" exhaust, will it? i seriously doubt it will but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Tanya;953021 said:
For the very few 5M peeps;

TRUST header, RC Merge collector, stock cat, 2.5" HKS midpipe, 2.5" RC tailpipe, Magnaflow 2.5" inlet, dual outlet muffler

Lame ass vid :x

That actually wasn't too loud. It's just a 2.5 inch exhaust with a resonator+magnaflow muffler? I wonder why mine was so loud before with a resonator/muffler (and it was 2.25 inch).

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
AJ'S 88NA;951961 said:
Well I can drive it in "silent" mode when I see a cop, you just feather the gas a little and I can make it sound like a Caddy:)

If I drive it normal it's not too bad, just when I go any were close to 1/4 throttle it starts to get a little loud. full throttle sure doesn't sound like a 7M:naughty:

Hahaha I do the same thing.

I hacksawed off my cat as a temp fix, since it was fubard, and went to flex pipe it. Apparently the pipe before the cat is 1/8 inch bigger then the one after it. So the flex pipe met up with the pipe before, and ya. Didn't seal.

Car is loud as fuck. Cruisin down my resi street i set off my roomates jeep

and when i see a cop, i do what AJ does, and barely hit the gas, and its like insta quiet.

eric783

Jun 24, 2007
Bremerton, WA
so who here has a hks sport exhaust? i plan on getting one. i currently have a stock cat back with a 4" ebay TRD muffler...:sarcasm: its not that loud, nice rumble, but i want that stock look. so is the hks sport good all around? anyone?

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
- Doug thorley headers
- 2.5" magnaflow cat, modified by raptor racing
- 2.5" brullen exhaust. Stainless steel, mandrel bent 3" angle cut tips.

my favourite supra exhaust ever. quiet when cruising and idle but still noticable. does not drone, sounds awesome at WOT. Unfortunatley, brullen has gone out of business. George at raptor racing created a look-alike exhaust that sounds a bit different but excellent quality. both for mk3 and mk2s.

2r4stmw.jpg

ir5isx.jpg

x9edz.jpg

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
coated Pacesetter headers with straight pipe to a magnaflow can. sounds great cruising, but a little much @ WOT. i may even get a silencer or resonator installed. BTW-for those of you that remember my supie being dead for 2 years. well, rebuilt engine finally in. going through the break-in period. wish me luck.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
How about dual 2.5 pipes with a X merge mid system. Then merge to one just before the axle and exit like normal. Should make more tq.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
I was running 2 1/2 madrel piping, working cat, and autozone muffler.(Bought for $50 used)
I had a total of $180: installed, in the whole setup. A year and a half later the muffler fell off and i spent the next year or so with no muffler just "straight pipe." The car was insanely loud when you got on it but if you were just cruising it wasnt bad at all inside the cabin,cant say the same for the person behind me

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have a pacesetter header on my 7M... I have ran it open header before because my downpipe fell off once - that was extremely loud.

Open downpipe actually sounds pretty nice - still really loud.

Now I have a straight out 2.25" exhaust to a cheapo muffler, and it makes the worst noise that I have ever heard - and it doesn't perform well either.

What exhaust do I want? A full 3" with a big resonator that leads to another resonator... which leads to a nice muffler.. that would be nice.

I am tired of being pulled over for having a loud exhaust.. :3d_frown: