So I'm supposed to be heading to Calculus right now...

Junior

Jul 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Doward said:
You know, I really need to decide what my major beyond 'Engineering' is going to be. I really want to get into stellar propulsion systems, but short of sending an email off to NASA, I have no idea where to even start with something like that...

hmm... maybe I should do that. Eh, after the test :D

ya you should do that, odds are they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

ya, engineering school is a mega-cunt, but I've learned firsthand that saying "where will I ever use this" is a really really really stupid thing to say. you WILL end up using it somewhere, or at the very least, you'll end up understanding something else ALOT faster 'cause you have a solid grounding. One example of where integration is used... calculating air mass intake from the pressure reversion waves in an intake.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Numerical Analysis is the most painfully dry class I've had to do yet.
We only went as far as multivariable calc and intro to diff eqs. Calculus doesn't suck, just the teachers and my attitude towards school.

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Heh, I'm taking a circuits class now... Feedback Amplifier Principles (EE elective)... and it's being taught by a former astronaut (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Thagard) and it SUCKS!! This crap is so easy for my professor, but everyone in the class is struggling because it's stuff TOTALLY new to us (and we're all basically getting ready to go into our last semester... this was supposed to be a fun review class... yeah, that didn't happen).

Today he hands back homework and says this:
"Now I'm not saying ya'll are stupid... I'm just saying don't document your stupidity in your homework" -Dr. Norman Thagard

But on the topic of calc... as an electrical/computer engineer... I use that shit ALL...THE...TIME. So for all you EE/CpE hopefuls... yeah, you're not getting away from it! Hah, I thought Calc 2 was hard back in the day, holy crap was that class dwarfed in toughness later on

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
while we are talking about engineering. Does anybody have a mechanics of materials 4th edition by beer, johnston and dewolf they want to sell? My buddy is looking for one and i told him i would look for it

thanks