Side Mirror problem

the1andonly0032

Jan 18, 2006
Iowa
My passenger side mirror has the plastic broken off and looks extremely crappy...I was looking at it and wondering if it was even possible to take that plastic peice off of a parted out car or if I should just buy new aftermarket side mirrors and how much of a pain it might be to instal aftermarket mirrors....any input?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
if you're an 86-88, just upgrade to 89+'s, if you're an 89+ consider European (non-UK, see below) manual folding mirrors. JDM's fit too, but they need their own relay, wiring, and their optics are pretty much useless on our left hand drive roads.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i've had both on at the same time and the 89+'s just flow better..

cimg0793ry2.jpg

(this pic was taken last week, I've since replaced my driver's side with an 89 mirror)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
the1andonly0032 said:
My passenger side mirror has the plastic broken off and looks extremely crappy...I was looking at it and wondering if it was even possible to take that plastic peice off of a parted out car or if I should just buy new aftermarket side mirrors and how much of a pain it might be to instal aftermarket mirrors....any input?

Back on topic... Specifically which part of the mirror? The outer shell or the inside trim? Either can be replaced. If it's the main body, the easiest way to fix it is swapping the entire mirror housing.

From what I recall the pre89's have a larger mirror than the 89+. I remember I didn't initially like it when I swapped and I think that's why.

the1andonly0032

Jan 18, 2006
Iowa
it's definantly the outer part of the mirror even the bottom is busted though I need the whole mirror housing but I think this car has been repainted so I'll never get one the right color...