Show or GO?

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
What the best Non-turbo mods for my 1986.5 supra other than a new car. If anyone has some please post. Also what color neons should i get i got a white car with the reddish inside,im thinking red or blue. Any other ideas welcome. I also like to "pimp" my ride. im thinking new rims, new speakers and to just keep it looking nice. Another thing should i make my car look good or faster? i think you guys changed my mind about underglows but i still want interior neons, still same question. what color?

Last edited:

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Show- Suspension, wheels/tires, tint, front lip or body kit, (NO NEONS). And the list goes on.

Go- It's an N/A. So, you could go extreme and go NA-T. But, you could also get intake, header back exhaust, better plug wires and plugs. And the list goes on.

GL

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
save your money and just concentrate on replacing/cleaning when parts go out. ive had to dive into my engine at least 10 times in a year or two to pull out something broken or otherwise, and end up cleaning the shit out of whatever areas i uncover. i pulled my entire intake off right down to the block in order to replace the starter, and now everything is clean and happy. i'm getting ready to replace the ps lines, and the same thing is gonna happen on that side.

there's really not much we can do to make our NAs faster so just keep it a nice/clean/reliable DD.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
No neons!, gawd those are awful, my friend has some on his integra and i flip him shit whenever i see it.

good paint, lip, lowered, nice wheels that fill the wheel arches.

and for power... intake, headers, exhaust, NO2. :) I dunno if anyone has ever shaved the head on these cars for higher compression, maybe a higher ratio rear end.. 4.xx lsd?

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
americanjebus said:
maybe a higher ratio rear end.. 4.xx lsd?

how much higher do you want they already come with 4.30's

basic mantaince and fixing old/worn parts before you ever think about more power............ or neons :3d_frown:

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
americanjebus said:
No neons!, gawd those are awful, my friend has some on his integra and i flip him shit whenever i see it.

good paint, lip, lowered, nice wheels that fill the wheel arches.

and for power... intake, headers, exhaust, NO2. :) I dunno if anyone has ever shaved the head on these cars for higher compression, maybe a higher ratio rear end.. 4.xx lsd?
Saw a car this morning on the way to work with Neons.....GHEY!!!
Oh, and it's N2O.....NO2 is Nitrogen Dioxide... :biglaugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NO2

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
i miss my n/a. never had problems with mine EXPT for the power. just save some money and do a swap. For the price of rims and tint and other show parts. It might be enough to do the turbo swap. If you don't want to do that. Why not trow some coilovers and some rims. oh thats like 1600 or more. GTE SWAP .....lol

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Well as far as neons go, don't get any. The underside of your car dosen't have any good spots on the sides just the front and rear. Neons get WAY too much attention from the cops. If you want to make it look good put a lip on it maybe a full kit and a good paint job. Nice wheels(no 20" chrome spinners please), and a good set of tires.
performance side is much more important. There are lots of things you can do like good plugs&wires(NGK), clean the intake, headder and exhaust, coilovers, swaybars, st braces, Maybe a little NOS...:naughty:

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Do the maint. items first. Timing belt, water pump, hoses, acc. belts, t-stat, full tune-up, and oil change. Might want to flush out the cooling system, and fill it up with fresh coolant/water mix as well.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
Theres nothing wrong with an N/A in todays world... especially with the way gas prices are going... The low end torque is fun to play with, but it does lack severly in the top end for me... but its an N/A... i never thought an I6 engine would go to 6000... its so much fun. But defintaley do the maintence, powder coat and ceramic coat engine parts, if you want some BLING under the hood a koyo radiator (or other aluminum radiator) and some slim fans add that extra cool factor, plus it frees up horse power.

Intake w/ metal piping, could extend into the fender well.
OBX headers or some other company
935motorsports 2.5 cat back w/ no cat and a muffler you want.
Could port and polish the head. Even a set of 264 cams would defintaley help all through the powerband NA or Turbo.
Adjustable Cam gears to get even MORE from the cams.

Show: Rims. Lowered, if you want a slammed look, tokico (sp?) with a set of H&R springs make it LOW, but it handles.
A turbo wing always add that extra show look, and a lip is good. Maybe the rear little flare things, i think there abfplug? or something like that, i know suprasport.com sells them, you can either get an Pre 89 wing, 89+ wing, or a whale tail, or a carbon fiber style wing... evo wing, sti wing, but that might also be a little custom...

But it all comes down to how much money you want to spend. Parts like carbon fiber hoods are functional and look good. So just take your pick on what YOU like for YOUR car.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
how bout a fidanza flywheel? might improve throttle response, combined with other upgrades.

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
NITROUS and lots of it!!!

Edit: with a big blue anodized bottle for the show portion

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
my car has always been more go than show. it will remain that way as long as i own it, though i will be working on asthetics as well.