Should I paint my mouldings?

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
futeki_supra said:
I would have painted it all to match,

I think having the lip unpainted looks cheap.

( does look alittle more agressive I guess, and will save you money if you hit it on anything, but again it reminds me too much of some honDuh fad. and looks tacky )
enraged said:
unpainted lip/parts looks like you cant afford paint

How does that look "cheap"??? I guess I'm cheap and cant afford paint ???Guys its just opinions, like assholes we all gonna have one. Like I said, my opinion, I would paint everything red except maybe the lip where you could have a more aggresive look by leaving it black. but thats just my opinion. BTW your red choice will look nice.
p555641_1.jpg

futeki_supra

Nov 18, 2006
lincoln, NE
turbogate said:
How does that look "cheap"??? I guess I'm cheap and cant afford paint ???Guys its just opinions, like assholes we all gonna have one. Like I said, my opinion, I would paint everything red except maybe the lip where you could have a more aggresive look by leaving it black. but thats just my opinion. BTW your red choice will look nice.
p555769_1.jpg
Maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you read.

no where did I say he is cheap and cant afford paint...
wtf???

I said it looks cheap...
as in the look it gives the car.
not makes him look cheap
so please re-read before you let your panties get all tied up.

painting it all one color makes it look realy clean and all together. and classy in a sense.
having a black lip isnt horrible, but I dont think it fits the car verry well.
if thats the look you want, then cool. its your car afterall, build it how you want it to look, not how others want it to look.
we were asked to post our opinions, I did.
like it or not, don't misconstrue what I said.

futeki_supra

Nov 18, 2006
lincoln, NE
please excuse my incredibly horrible photochop skills,
but we have yet to see one of a all painted version..
so......

n505895854_38254_180.jpg

to me that looks much better
and alot cleaner.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
turbogate said:

he did start off with the phrase "i think," leading me to believe that it was futeki's opinion.

stillboostin87t

Professional Lurker
Feb 19, 2007
NY
so.... I'm a noob, and noob opinions probably don't matter, but what about shaving the moldings, I wanna end up getting rid of mine. I personally hate the moldings.

90SupraMike

Aug 1, 2006
Van Nuys, CA
shaving the moldings. unless done right (actually welding new pieces in place) it would look like crap. plus the mk3 body lines are jsut a little weird to shave them all. dont get me wrong i have seen some clean ones.

im getting my car back 2morrow so its a little late anyways.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
90SupraMike said:
im getting my car back 2morrow so its a little late anyways.

I've got my ban stick ready, so unless their are some new pics posted be ready to be on the outside looking in...................Just kidding, but I can't wait to see the new paint job...............:love:

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I guess you also need to comprehend what you read, did you notice I quoted 2 people? You said it looked cheap which is why I showed you the picture to also agree with you that it looks more aggressive. I also quoted Enraged saying that it looks like one cant afford paint. Anyways, the last thing that can get my panties tied up is a forum. Anyways I'm done with this thread, I don't want to clutter it.

Later

futeki_supra said:
Maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you read.

no where did I say he is cheap and cant afford paint...
wtf???

I said it looks cheap...
as in the look it gives the car.
not makes him look cheap
so please re-read before you let your panties get all tied up.

painting it all one color makes it look realy clean and all together. and classy in a sense.
having a black lip isnt horrible, but I dont think it fits the car verry well.
if thats the look you want, then cool. its your car afterall, build it how you want it to look, not how others want it to look.
we were asked to post our opinions, I did.
like it or not, don't misconstrue what I said.

Last edited: