Should I paint my mouldings?

90SupraMike

Aug 1, 2006
Van Nuys, CA
ok well my cars goin into paint 2morrow. my question is should i paint the mouldings or not? i was thinkin of painting them and if i dont like it i can jsut get them painted black or whatever. what do you guys think? also another question. i like how my front lip and whale tail look black but im having them paint it. should i paint them black again?

the color im goin with is called "Inferno Red"

heres pics of my car at the moment.

p552495_1.jpg

p552495_2.jpg

p552495_3.jpg

p552495_4.jpg

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I like the mouldings either the same color or just a little darker than the car. When I repaint my car I'm planning on sticking with white, but the mouldings will probably end up a very, very light silver.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
i think your car looks nice already. I dont know if if will look good with red moldings. Have someone photoshop it. I think i'd like it better with those moldings and black lip and spoiler.

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
Thank you for going with another color! I feel a sigh of relief...my car loooks exactly like yours right now...hahahh....I say keep your whaletail, front lip and mouldings black and just have them paint the entire car including the sides and rears inferno red. Loooking forward to seeeing it done! Gooood luck bro!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
flame me, but i like the spoiler to be body-colored if its a whale-tail design.

i say paint it all, but leave the trim and lip black.