Shine Spec-B (Bomex) Whale Tail

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
808mkiiisupra;1121194 said:
how about using the factory holes as mounting points..that would be better then brackets

Thats a great idea but I think they may run into an issue of 87-88 holes and then 89+ holes as those years very also you half to think about supras that where wingless from the factory how are you suppose to mount it when there are no holes to mount to.

As far as I know the mounting brackets for the whale tail work for both winged and wingless applications.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
the previous wing shine made had two spot's to add a 1/4-20 stud.this then used two hole's that bolt the stock 3pc wing on the 89 to 92 car's.it also came with little c-bracket's that clamp it onto the hatch.this is all that hold's it on my car,which has been up to 150mph on the highway.

stylez

Jul 30, 2006
Canberra, Australia
+1 interested

LilMissMkIII;1120255 said:
I'm 100% keen :D

If they're willing to ship to Aus, awesome!

If not, I'll get it shipped to my sis in Canada, and she can send to me :)

your in Canberra right, it would be nice splitting costs, assuming you could live with another mkIII with a whale tail :p

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
stylez;1125342 said:
+1 interested

your in Canberra right, it would be nice splitting costs, assuming you could live with another mkIII with a whale tail :p

I think I can live with another whale about town... They're damn hot! :D

No probs at all to split the shipping! :)

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I'm #1 on the list!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I soo want one! Count me in! Im saving up for it already, as well as a new front bumper and plane to purchase in about a month.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Shine comments on group buy and correction on shipping cost, in case that scared some buyers off:

ShineAutoProject;1154318 said:
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give a few important updates and the reasons why we're interested in doing this spoiler.

First off, shipping to the lower 48 states is $100 to a business ; $125 to residential.... not $200. That probably scared alot of people right there.

We used to offer the bomex whale tail before, but we replicated off a Bomex Whale Tail that was made in the Philipines. The wing did not sit well with the trunk, but we made improvements. The wing is also "fatter," so it sits higher. The mold also degraded tremendously, which is why we discontinued it.

Now we have in our possession a VERY VERY rare whale tail that was made in Japan. It sits pretty good with the trunk and is also "thinner." To me, it is noticeably thinner making it more refined. If this isn't made, chances are we won't find such a nice piece again. All the other replicas on the market I believe of are the bulkier version. This one, in my opinion is much more refined.

The reason why we are approaching this project before the abflug lip because the abflug lip is in beat up condition and will take many hours to restore.

This whale tail mold can be made in a week.

Ken

Speedin89

Shredder
Jun 30, 2005
PA
I'm extremely interested...you could pretty much count me in.

I'm gonna sit on it for a day and decide.

When is payment due? (is there a set date yet?)