She runs....kinda, some help pleas

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
finaly got her running, started her up, idled fine, had a check enge light but did't pull it then, whent to take her around the block, felt completly dead, even worse when it hit boost, spooled up to 10 psi and still felt dead, you could see and hear boost kicking in, but car whent know where, didn't take it past 10 and 5,000rpm becasue I was afraid it might be running lean( a leak after the maf and befor the turbo) fixed that when to start her up and now it won't idle, runs fine as soon as you give it gas, but when you let off it bucks a few times then dies, as long as you hold it above 1,000 she is fine, when to turn it around and back into my shop, and it runs no difrent still no power at all my corolla is faster, pulled the check ing light and I got
1.o2 sensor
2.intake temp
3.turbo pressure
4.knock sensor
any segestions as to what it might be? anything serios or just a bad sensor?
any hel would be great thanks

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
ok pretty sure its just a bad knock sensor or wiering any one have a pic of where it is at? I was told behind the starter, just wondering if that is correct.
thanks

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
check your cps sensor. had a similiar problem with my car where it would be hard to start and idle really poorly w/o a touch of the pedal.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
if you go by the book all those ensors meet at the air flow meter.(i know, kinda weird.) but if your car is turbo theres 2 ks. the afm is about $400 at vatozone an the ks are like$120 at yoda. ive heard that you can adapt gm ks into the system but have yet to see it yet.(read about it in a mr2 forum. the gm knock sensors are like $20-30 each.) id jiggle wires afound the afm or the cps. shaeff sells a ks rewire kit, or at least he did. you just might even want to clean and check the isc too.

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
thanks for the healp yeah got her all fixed, onlly problem now is I'm hitting to much boost, waste gate was hooked up wrong, and he has the dump side facing the body, and the vac hookup aginst the motor mount so no way to hook it up, gota rotate it around lol.