she crpas out up top....

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
ok, got the car running decent only running 9.5 psi, and pulls verry strong up untill the wastegate opens then it starts to run a little rough and seems to have lost a decent amount of powere, boost guage still says 9.5psi but it may be wrong and I'm running less, but i dought I'm over boosting any sugestions as to what this might be?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
hmm you wouldnt happen to have an EGT gauge or fuel pressure gauge in the car would you?

if you are loosing a lot of power at higher RPMS under full throttle you could be detonating. and if it has happend more than once and youve been standing on it then you can say bye bye to your head gasket in the very near future.

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
external dump, trust me me and evry one in the nearest 3 blocks knows its open, I don't know if it is detonating tho, any way of testing if it is?

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
tubbie said:
boost leak.....
Also,. how do you know your wastegate is open?

mmmmayyybeee but if he stood on it for a while he would have hit fuel cut i would think.

i have had boost leaks which act like that though so maybe youre lucky!

how to test for it? well i would read the plugs first then i would get a fuel pressure gauge and see if the pressure drops off at higher rpms. it could be that your fuel pump is dying.

read your plugs first then post back.

but no matter what you do, dont boost on it any more until you figure out the problem.