Search Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I just realized why so many folks don't use the search feature. Ya get one try (don't mispell anything) then you have to wait 60 seconds to try another search. OK so lemme get this straight why would anyone design their search engine to work like that? fearful of something?

Thanks Rick

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
swaq said:
The reason this site's search is designed like that is so you can't put too much load on the database all at once.

Correct.

suprageezer said:
OK so lemme get this straight why would anyone design their search engine to work like that? fearful of something?

I'm still interested as to what exactly are you implying?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Although this thread did remind me that since I optimized the forum, database and server that we could reduce that restriction a bit.

It's now 30 seconds instead of 60.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
awesome man! im a terrible speller and that was a pita to wait sometime :) glad the server upgrades are clicking along well

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Supracentral said:
Although this thread did remind me that since I optimized the forum, database and server that we could reduce that restriction a bit.

It's now 30 seconds instead of 60.

Thank you!

I did a lot of waiting between search topics this morning while looking for info on oil squirters. I never did find the info though. :icon_conf

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mrbaboon said:
I did a lot of waiting between search topics this morning while looking for info on oil squirters. I never did find the info though. :icon_conf

What are you looking for? I can probably help you find it.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
The opening pressure of **working** oil squirters. My machinist just pulled them out to bore/hone and I was gonna get him to shoot some compressed air through them.

So far I have just told him to check that they won't be open at idle and that the check valves aren't fk'd.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mrbaboon said:
The opening pressure of **working** oil squirters. My machinist just pulled them out to bore/hone and I was gonna get him to shoot some compressed air through them.

So far I have just told him to check that they won't be open at idle and that the check valves aren't fk'd.

Hrm... I've never seen that data listed ANYWHERE. :(

The part number is 15703-66010, they are cheap. If in doubt, just replace them.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You're in Canada? Damn... don't know if Champion will ship internationally or not :( That's where I'll be going for new ones.

I'd be fairly certain they would open just before the oil cooler - so 35-39 psi, I'd say.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Champion do ship internationally, but I'd end up paying the same after shipping and customs. Its just kinda shitty.

I know Nashman has a spare block that was siezed at his house, if I end up needing a few new squirters I can jack them from there.

Enough of this. Totally off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.