screeches turning left

blackturbona

May 10, 2007
kirkland
so while im moving and in a straight line my car soudns fine, but as soon as the wheel turns any bit left it makes a screeching sound similar to really worn brake pads. i can turn right all i want and no sound. only when i turn left and only while moving, any ideas?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
blackturbona said:
so while im moving and in a straight line my car soudns fine, but as soon as the wheel turns any bit left it makes a screeching sound similar to really worn brake pads. i can turn right all i want and no sound. only when i turn left and only while moving, any ideas?

stock rims?

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Take your brakes off and check them. Or jack the car up turn, the wheels to the left and spin each tire while under them. Figure out which side (or both) are making the noise and pinpoint it to something. I'm guessing brakes, or a hose dangling somewhere.

kawkoretsx

flatuator
Jun 26, 2007
hagerstown, MD
Another cause could be your steering stops. There's a plastic cap that breaks off the adjuster bolt for the steering stop after time. If your at full lock (wheel all the way turned left) and moving, it will make a hideous screeching sound. You can replace the cap=money. or just put some grease on the thing=cheap