SC300 92 2JZ n/a buildup?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
How much power do you want? Would a 75 shot be enough for you?
If you want any more than that, a thicker headgasket and turbo kit would probably be a much better idea than staying NA. That costs money, but you pay to play.

confusatron

Aug 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
drunk_medic said:
How much power do you want? Would a 75 shot be enough for you?
If you want any more than that, a thicker headgasket and turbo kit would probably be a much better idea than staying NA. That costs money, but you pay to play.

Not a ton, but I was curious if anyone had gotten close to 230 at the wheels with the stock NA 2JZ. Really what I want to know is, how well does this motor respond to the standard bolt-ons. Exhaust, Intake, Header (if there is one available). Anyone know? I was searching on the other supra forums but it seems just about everyone just goes turbo, but I don't want all the hassles and expense, nor do I need that much hp. I just feel like a 3 liter inline six should be pushing more hp than the stocker does. Seems kinda wimpy, compared to other 3 liter motors out there.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
once you get used to what you have done, you will always want more
a turbo kit doesn't necessarily mean you would have 400+ WHP, if you want less power, go with a smaller turbo.
but to answer your question, to get close to 230whp through the auto(im guessing) you would need intake, exhaust, headers, upped timing and maybe some headwork. i think the highest HP NA2j without spray is around 270 HP.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
The stock 2j comes with a good exhaust manifold that simulates a header. You might see some gains by swapping out your post-manifold exhaust for a better-flowing unit and your cat for a high flow unit. Also, with a wideband o2 sensor and a safc you could tune out your stock fuel curve and pick up a few horses.

An air filter should always be your first mod.

You can install an electric fan.

Lighter wheels/car etc.

Or you could put a head gasket and turbo kit on and get 500 hp reliably.

There is also a lot to be said for a fresh ignition system and properly gapped plugs.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
No. Thoes are stupid myths.

Just about every common maintience part for a 1j is avalible here.

If somthing wierd goes dead. you post on the For sale section or on SF and youll find it.

1j