Rough idle & hesistation

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I checked them too (the ones that would be above the driver's side motor mount, right?).

I checked for any loose wires, cleaned out the ISC/diaphram (have some intermittent idle issues), replaced the front VSV (heatsoak issue), and then doublechecked the connections again.

I did find that a piece of the wires on my alternator plug was kinda "broken," exposing a little bit of the inside wire. I just taped around it, but it looks like I'll need to solder in a replacement plug and some wiring.

Anyways, still have heatsoak and the CEL comes on less now, but still during the time I'm stopped at a light or whatever.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
i fixed my code 11, it was a the ground wire underneath the intake manifold. bolt was pretty tight but the wires were loose, i just retightned the bolt and never had anymore problems.

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
Nick M said:
It idles ok when cold? And the problem starts when warm/hot/operating temps?

Do you have any extra smoke that is black or dark?

I'm having this problem sans the smoke. It's surging between 1200 and 1700rpm and it idles high around 1500 until operating temp. What could it be?

bentandbroken

Lackluster
Jan 17, 2007
i wish it was paradise
i apologize for thread jacking. Now, it dies when i go from speed to idle, i.e. when i pull up to a stop sign or a traffic light, and idles around 500 now. This has me thinking it's either the ISC or the MAF.