RIP Supie :( *pics*

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
TheHeffNerr said:
2544.84 is what they want to give me :(

will they let you keep the car? if so thats not too bad...i guess. but not good either. Definitly fight for more money....like someone said, find private party values for good condition N/A's as near to you as you can find, any that are a higher price.

thats still more than i payed for my car, about how much i've spent with BHG and windsheld factored in.. i'd be happy to get anything between that and 3k for my car if i sold it... but your car might be in better condition and i dont know your area's price ranges... nor do i know what its like to sell a car so maybe mine and yours would go for more...

good luck, dont let them hassle u, try to be as polite as possible, and find any and every reason for them to pay you more. i dont know what they will take as valid, but they arent going to give more money away then they have to, so i think u caught their low ball.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
DAMN!!! how??? i dont see how its possible, even with a turbo. did you have a turbo?

i think you should post some tips...because wouldnt insurance companies look at the blue book? KBB cant be over 4k for ANY supra. i'll check, but i doubt it.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
ok i take that back, its 5900 with most/all options on a turbo 1992 model. but still.... you broke that by 2k! did you find another one selling for that price? or can you insure and get money for modifications? and i just realised that you somehow didnt get it totaled, and you kept it. you could buy a whole new engine and a couple fenders for that much.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Insurance had pictures of my car the day I got it. They knew it wasn't your "average" supra. They had those pictures to look at, the original add for my car when I bought it, a full list of what it would cost to rebuild my car (over 12k in performance alone), my car had a full custom paint job (mixed pearl white and super white) and I found 4 other adds for modded supras in pristine condition (ranging from 9k-12k).

Their original offer to me was 3k, no car, total loss. After fighting they brought the value up to 10,178 (which means the car was no longer a total loss as in tx the damage value has to exceed the value of the car for it to remain totaled after you buy it back)

So, I agreed on the 10,183, -500 deductable, -2500 to buy the car back (will vary for each car depending on what they can sell it to a salvage yard for) and ended up with 7183, the car, and clear title. (of course there is a wreck on carfax, but its not totaled and I don't ever plan on selling anyways).

If anybody needs more help on not getting screwed by insurance, you can send me a pm. I'm more than willing to help, I'd hate to see anybody get screwed because they are afraid to fight their insurance company (or the other guy's insurance company).

Jon

edit: and to answer your question, it was for the same car that is in my sig. 89 Turbo "with a few mods"

TheHeffNerr

(?'-')? Q('-'Q)
Apr 1, 2005
Edmonds WA
www.theheffnerr.com
2544 was i give them the car. still waiting for the call back for day and to see how much the buy back is going to be, bluebook was 3500 totaled when i registered her 2 years ago

15kg1.jpg

was her before pictures for people that never seen her.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Fight for more. Your car was in immaculate condition. It will be hard to replace.

Attached is an actual letter I used years ago when I got in a bad wreck with one of my Supras. Only the personal info, etc is edited out.

Initally they offered me about 70% of what the car was worth. In the end they paid more than that to repair it...

Fight hard for your car. You can get them to change their mind if you use the right info and approach.

Attachments

• Auto Letter Modified.doc
    35 KB · Views: 16

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
wow, thats some awesome stuff guys. i'll now feel much more confident if i'm ever in a fender bender.

good luck theheffnerr. now i'm SURE you can get more, and yes your car is definitely worth much much more than 2500 dollars.

Figit090

Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
silent_sniper said:
i dont know about that theres a pic around here of a supie hitting like 4 tres and the dude drove off (or something like that)

i could hit 20 trees and drive off.

it all depends on how you hit them.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yeah for that reason i have started to keep records of everything i have put into my car (paypal reciepts and whatnot). There is no way in hell i am going to take a loss or not start out again with an equal platform by the time all is said and done.

Sorry to see your car get messed up... Get that bitch fixed and slap her back on the road.