Removing seats..

chris717

Banned
Dec 21, 2006
walnut creek, ca
hey, I'm going to remove my driver, passenger, back seats..
So my friend could redo the interior, I just wanted to know i never touched the Seats before. so i wanted to know how do you remove them and what tools do you need???? now th driver seats has all those wires. i dont want to mess up anything so what do i do???
Help:1zhelp: :1zhelp:

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
the back seats are no big deal. theres two brackets holding the back part of them and the bottom part there are two tabs you pull on to release it. never removed the front seats though. for the back you just need a 12mm socket or wrench for the bolts, im pretty sure theres only three bolts you have to remove off the back rest of the back seats

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
no i was sayin i've never removed them so i cant help you there, my bad. mine need recovering too but it costs a hell of a lot

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
thats awesome your gettin done free, how did you manage that? i'd stay same color unless you were thinkin goin black. my interior is blue so im keepin my seats blue

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Yes they are 14mm. You may have to adjust the seats to get at some of the bolts but it's not hard. Be careful with the seats, the drivers one is heeeeavvvvyyy!

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
chris717 said:
do you guys have pics of the bolts for the front seats....

Sure, this is passenger side.

Left two holes,
p673948_1.jpg

Right two,
p673948_2.jpg

And bolt examples.
p673948_3.jpg

Hope it helps.

Oh yeah that bar thing in the first pic goes through the seat belt latch iirc. You have to make sure the seat is free from it before completely removing the seat from the car.

Last edited:

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
If you mean putting the passenger seat where the driver's seat goes... technically.. yes. I did it for some noob weight reduction when I first got the car.

Things to note:
While it does fit, the seat will be slightly to the left, it will touch the door panel, but the door will still close

You will have to move the seatbelt holder since now it's on the wrong side. There is a bolt hole along the transmission tunnel that fits nicely if done right, but you will have to angle it up a bit and it will be farther back/down than normal.