Relocating wires and hoses on 7MGTE

mosely

Oct 24, 2005
Mishawaka,IN
****LOOK THIS QUESTION WILL BENEFIT ANYONE WITH A 7MGTE******
ok I've been trying to find a way to relocate the hoses and wires in the 7MGTE's because when I look under the hood it seriously looks too messy. Its like the engineers never thought anyone would look under the hood for some reason. anyways if anyone has any advice on how to relocate the hoses and wires on a 7MGTE let me know please. Once we figure out how to do this the engine bay will look much better and you wont have wires and hoses running everywhere. you can also email me -mosely900@hotmail.com

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
something like this maybe? I will also be getting a set of N/A valve covers and moving my coil packs to the firewall soon.

Last edited:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
supradan22 How do you move your coilpacks?

1. Unscrew them from the valvecovers
2. Lift up and move
done.

Ahahaha j/k! i had to be an ass sorry. Ya, It's pretty simple, you can easily just reverse the wires so you move the packs to the back of the engine or on the firewall, and by reverse the wires i mean the shorter one now feeds cylinder 6, and gets longer all the way to cylinder 1 which will now be the longest since it's the furthest from the packs.
eric

mosely

Oct 24, 2005
Mishawaka,IN
FFI??? can anyone explain. gixxer750 What all did u move in the engine bay. I mean i can tell you move somethings around and painted a few more but I think it still looks too "busy" I mean there's wires and hoses going everywhere. I know is kinda hard to make that engine any more organized but there is gotta be a way to make it look cleaner. where you would actually see more engine than just a bunch of shit covering the engine.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It all comes down to this: You can clean it up and remove certain things to save weight, clutter, ease of access to parts on the block whatever. I believe in function over form myself, so if the engien puts out 550 horsepower but looks like a rat's nest, then it's still as nice as a superclean showqueen you know/ All personal choice ofcourse, and I bet not many people wouldn't want a clean AND stout engine. Also, when you do things such as re-engineer the intake plenum and make it more efficient, it seems to clear up the bay by itself. Maybe as you upgrade the bay will become more and more clean and clutter free... young padawan.:icon_razz
eric