Relocating Coils *HELP*

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
7Mboost said:
Oh I was I was wondering what was missing from over there, I still think you could fit it, mine has a lot of space even with the brake booster.

Yeah there is room, but I like the firewall idea better :icon_razz

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
ive seen them on the inner lower drivers side fender, looks good tucked in there. had a nice aluminum cover and the wires ran around the back of the motor to the plugs.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I had to make a long bracket with an offset to connect the stock coil pack mount to the firewall lip. If that makes any sense. I should probably just take a picture.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
here is what i was talking about. modify the coilpack bracket and then add two L brackets and you have a mount for the firewall.

p694582_1.jpg

p694582_2.jpg

p694582_3.jpg

that setup also used two sets of MSD wires to make the lengths the right sizes wthout them being stretched etc.

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
threedguru said:
ive seen them on the inner lower drivers side fender, looks good tucked in there. had a nice aluminum cover and the wires ran around the back of the motor to the plugs.

Inside the guard, and down low? Wouldn't that get a bit too wet? :icon_conf

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Idealsupra said:
here is what i was talking about. modify the coilpack bracket and then add two L brackets and you have a mount for the firewall.

On the stock bracket, there is already a small lip there. I might try and use that instead of making some L brackets....

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming if you can :biglaugh: :biglaugh: