Relay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I was wondering if anybody has some pictures of tha pass. side by the intake. I see two loose connectors and am wondering what they are for? Does it control the A/C? Im trying to get it working but i dont have power to the clutch so Ill keep looking.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
do you happen to have a picture? Is it just an end terminal that a relay plugs into, or does it have some more wires coming out from it the previous owner might have ripped out?

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
The sensors each look like a 2-wire coolant sensor, screwed into the high side a/c metal line, running along the frame.

If you are not using a/c, then they won't matter.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I know what sensors your talking about but thats not what I wass looking for. The connectors Im talking about have a 5 blade female plug that looks like a relay goes to them. I believe one is the clutch relay that goes to the high pressure switch you were talking about.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Are you talking about the #2 and #3 fan relays?
You'll have to pull out the wiring diagram to see if the AC clutch is affected by either of these.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I pulled a daigram from all data and it said its an a/c magnetic clutch relay located on the pass side. I jumped them both and one fan turned on so I figured the other was for the clutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.