Recirculating Greddy BOV

poon

E. Honda
May 23, 2007
florida
Venting my Greddy type rs to atmosphere is pretty ridiculous. It runs rich and stalls. I don't how the previous owner of the car survived. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone had any pointers to going about doing this. So far, i figured i could try to get a fitting for it and run a fat heater hose back into one of the "ports" on the intake accordion.

Has anybody else had any expierence with this ? tips?

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
poon said:
Venting my Greddy type rs to atmosphere is pretty ridiculous. It runs rich and stalls. I don't how the previous owner of the car survived. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone had any pointers to going about doing this. So far, i figured i could try to get a fitting for it and run a fat heater hose back into one of the "ports" on the intake accordion.

Has anybody else had any expierence with this ? tips?

I would like to know too.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
There was someone on here that actually made one recir. not too long ago, don't ask me how he forced that hose overthe horn on the BOV, but he did. Is the horn removable? If so, you could do it a lot easier that way....

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I was thinking if it does, then maybe Mr. Poon would be able to adjust it. Maybe the spring isn't stiff enough and is causing leak. Every now and then, I have to adjust my type-s.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I've driven open valve MASS air cars... it only stalls if you boost at slow speeds to show off the BOV then stop at a stop sign or light. No boost during stop and go driving = no bov open = no stall.

poon

E. Honda
May 23, 2007
florida
The horn is removable, thats why i was planning on getting a fitting for it. I have adjusted the spring and tryed using a type s bov, yet it still does not perform how i want it to.

bump for more suggestions :)

poon

E. Honda
May 23, 2007
florida
No, i do not have any codes. I understand that some people can get away with venting to the atmosphere, but even if i could i wouldnt want to while running the stock AFM

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
Step 1: get welder and do this:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Step 2: radiator hose.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

The fitting that mhopemk3 posted is cool, didnt know about it. Still ridiculous for a fitting but not toooo bad. that way you could have one smaller hose all the way. Or you could just use the stock bov also.

poon

E. Honda
May 23, 2007
florida
quick question..where would the ideal place to run the bov back into? Accordian intake will be ok?