Rebuilt short block?

Nick56289

Oct 7, 2005
Well after careful time and consideration (and saving up a crapload of cash) I have decided that im going to buy a rebuilt shortblock to put a MHG and my head on. I dont have the time or the space to do a rebuild and I dont want a longclock. I just need to know where is a good place to buy one. Does anyone know or have any reccomendations? Im in the bay area california if that matters.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Nick56289 said:
No one knows where you can get a rebuilt shortblock from?

How much you want to spend on one, I will sell you a fresh rebuild but I would have to know what you all want done to it.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
i have one rebuilt with EVERYTHING new. new .20 over pistons, new crank, new rods, all new clevite bearings, new water pump, new oil pump, new ARP rod bolts, EVERYTHING new.

depending on where you are located, i will deliver the shortblock to you personally for NO CHARGE.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
lagged said:
i have one rebuilt with EVERYTHING new. new .20 over pistons, new crank, new rods, all new clevite bearings, new water pump, new oil pump, new ARP rod bolts, EVERYTHING new.

depending on where you are located, i will deliver the shortblock to you personally for NO CHARGE.

^^^^great deal, too.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
rakkasan said:
^^^^great deal, too.

i just read that you were in the bay area, so i couldnt deliver it to you but i will work with you as much as i can on shipping. PM me for more information.

Briskie

Jan 28, 2006
Londonderry, NH
suprarich said:
How much you want to spend on one, I will sell you a fresh rebuild but I would have to know what you all want done to it.
I saw your post. I have a supra I just purchased the top half was rebuilt unfortunately I have a piston or rod knock now.

I need a short block rebuild. Approximately what would this cost to have done?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Tony B

Briskie

Jan 28, 2006
Londonderry, NH
lagged said:

i just read that you were in the bay area, so i couldnt deliver it to you but i will work with you as much as i can on shipping. PM me for more information.
I saw this post. I see you (the rebuilder) are located in New rochelle.

Can you give me an approximate price for a rebuilt shortblock, Also would you do the work if I get the car to your shop?

Thanks for any help.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Briskie said:
I saw your post. I have a supra I just purchased the top half was rebuilt unfortunately I have a piston or rod knock now.

I need a short block rebuild. Approximately what would this cost to have done?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Tony B

Well there is shipping to and from, plus I would need to know what you would all want done. Stock type rebuild or performance type rebuild? Stock rebuilds can run up to 2k in some cases depending on what is all wrong with your short block. Performance block cost about the same in labor, but you have the increased cost of the higher end parts. Price is very dependent on your choices.