rare problem .. code 25 AND code 26

faysalm

May 3, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ok here is a rare problem .... i have codes 25 and code 26 at the same time .... it means running too rich and too lean .... going to reset efi fuse and drive i for a bit ... but input would be nice .... i also have a valve cover leak but that should not lead to thse codes !!!!! injectors were recenttly cleaned by rc eng ... could it be the valve coover leak led some oil into the injectors !!!!!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
mine burned to the ground when i got that code. so i rebuilt it. then it burned to the ground again. so i rebuilt it. that time, it sank into the swamp, fell over, then burned to the ground. i rebuilt it yet again and its now the strongest 7m on the planet!

ok really. it just means you arent getting an 02 signal at the ecu. either the 02 sensor is bad, or the most likely the wiring is loose/frayed/melted. check the wiring first. it could be the ecu, but that would be the last place id look.

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
I got those codes at the same time as well. I figured it was due to I ran the car with the o2 sensor out of the downpipe but still connected to the wiring.

faysalm

May 3, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ok, i reset the ecu ... code is gone ... i have no idea why i got them. the O2 wiring looks ok though. I will be putting some pictures tommorow or day after for all the engine bay ..... this is one problem that no one has yet been able to tell me anything about .... search results are useless for these two codes together.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
faysalm said:
ok, i reset the ecu ... code is gone ... i have no idea why i got them. the O2 wiring looks ok though. I will be putting some pictures tommorow or day after for all the engine bay ..... this is one problem that no one has yet been able to tell me anything about .... search results are useless for these two codes together.

didnt i tell you?

ecu does not see or has an erroneous 02 signal. it trips 2 codes because it is flipping out thinking oh crap! its lean! no. wait. its rich! no. wait :runaway: it really has nothing to do w/ running rich, lean, or a fuel problem if both codes are set at the same time. it is a fault in the 02 sensor circuit (02 sensor, wiring, ecu)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
dbsupra90 said:
mine burned to the ground when i got that code. so i rebuilt it. then it burned to the ground again. so i rebuilt it. that time, it sank into the swamp, fell over, then burned to the ground. i rebuilt it yet again and its now the strongest 7m on the planet!

ok really. it just means you arent getting an 02 signal at the ecu. either the 02 sensor is bad, or the most likely the wiring is loose/frayed/melted. check the wiring first. it could be the ecu, but that would be the last place id look.

But I dont want any of that...I'd rather.......I'd rather......

Just ....Sing!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
dbsupra90 said:

bwhwhahahahahaah!

yup, dead O2 sensor.