Radiator question

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Schmutzler said:
PWR's website lists the radiator for the MK3 at $840. Is this correct, or is that Australian currency or something. That seems like an astronomical amount to pay for a radiator.
Correct that's AUD :(

You guys can actually buy em cheaper than we can here in Australia even after converting the currency!

Schmutzler

Jun 1, 2005
TN
Well, it wasn't leaking on the plastic part. I used some JB weld to patch it. It worked, but of course it just started leaking a few inches over. Oh well, I'm off to radiator.com.

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
Schmutzler said:
PWR's website lists the radiator for the MK3 at $840. Is this correct, or is that Australian currency or something. That seems like an astronomical amount to pay for a radiator.
That is no joke. Damn is all I can say. Had the work on my suppy done now its still over heating. Pisses me off. If I could find my old post about it I would post his company as one NOT to use. Very unsatisfied. So where can we get a radiator that is not going to cost me both my nuts and paycheck at the same time? :aigo:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Oper8or said:
That is no joke. Damn is all I can say. Had the work on my suppy done now its still over heating. Pisses me off. If I could find my old post about it I would post his company as one NOT to use. Very unsatisfied. So where can we get a radiator that is not going to cost me both my nuts and paycheck at the same time? :aigo:

Do you read?

Correct that's AUD

PWR has fabulous cooling power and I believe it that its better then any other on the market. Anyone who is overheating with any working radiator is having cooling problems in an area not involved with the rad.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
mkIIIman089 said:
PWR has fabulous cooling power and I believe it that its better then any other on the market. Anyone who is overheating with any working radiator is having cooling problems in an area not involved with the rad.

i concur. i thought i was having radiator problems, but it was a pinhole, yes, literally a pinhole in a coolant hose. water would piss out under pressure, and air would go in, and super heat the coolant (supposed to be a sealed pressurized system) then spike my temp gauge and blow my radiator cap.

-shaeff

Oper8or

Apr 21, 2005
Greenback, TN.
mkIIIman089 said:
Do you read?

Either you miss understood what I said or you have an attitude. The company I was talking about is the mechanic I had do the work. Not the radiator company. But yes you are correct. I have heard nothing but good things about PWR. I would never put down a company's product I have never used. I was simply asking if there is another out there within a smaller budget.