R154 questions

Destroyer101k

Oct 23, 2009
Hi, I've looked around everywhere and can't seemed to find an answer so hope u can.

So Im going to be doing the R154 swap on my auto GTE soon. I don't know what else I need. My friend gave me his r154. So, my questions are,
I think I need a clutch fork... Or Is it " included" or on the r154?
Same thing with the driveshaft?
The trans looks complete all I'm looking for us the shifter(stick) but other than that it's just those things I mentioned. I have everything else. Clutch lines slave pedals etc.
Ohh and as I bought the oem parts from driftmotions, they had an ABS cable, someting about the auto doesn't work with the manual one, so the light will be on. Do I REALLY need it? Lol 200 bucks for it ughh!!

Please let me know thanks:)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You'll need a clutch hose http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-clutchhoseforr154mk3supra.php and you'll need a clutch master cylinder http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-clutchmastercylindersupra86-90.php. The clutch fork should be on the transmission as well as a slave cylinder.

The pedals can be a bitch to get in, but as long as you're as flexible as a gymnast, you'll be alright. I took my front seat out to give me more room to get under the dash. I'm not saying you have too, but it's only four bolts and made it a lot easier for me since I'm as bendable as a piece or iron.

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
suprahero;1901849 said:
You'll need a clutch hose http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-clutchhoseforr154mk3supra.php and you'll need a clutch master cylinder http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-clutchmastercylindersupra86-90.php. The clutch fork should be on the transmission as well as a slave cylinder.

The pedals can be a bitch to get in, but as long as you're as flexible as a gymnast, you'll be alright. I took my front seat out to give me more room to get under the dash. I'm not saying you have too, but it's only four bolts and made it a lot easier for me since I'm as bendable as a piece or iron.

Is that what the old lady said?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
OP you are gonna need an r154 driveshaft as well... Also dont forget to rewire the neutral start switch and reverse light so that your car starts and others can see you are going in reverse.. yeah... reverse....

I also recommend something like this for more horse power. Should give you a good 30 to 50 kilowatts..... << Been watching alot of the aussie mighty car mods videos on youtube :D......
7677600285_large.jpg

Destroyer101k

Oct 23, 2009
Got eeveything clucth hose, clucth master cylinder, and slave cylinder. And yes I'll try that and take the seat off haha!

Destroyer101k

Oct 23, 2009
Where would the driveshaft be in the r154 if I were to have it, I saw some pics online to see where it goes and it sorta looks like it is in the tranny already pics?

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
BoostMonger;1901861 said:
And Rake loves it!

Sorry I had to since everything has been covered.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

LOL! You jus got Street Cred..... Good Job M8... Now lets try for mo POWA!

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The R154 you are getting should already have the ABS sensor in it. It is plug'n'play with the body side harness on your car. No need to worry about it.

BoostMonger;1901870 said:
My answer is that I don't have one, lol could be a 1j thing tho not sure, it hasn't affect me tho.
Yeah, the driftmotion cable is for R154 transmissions that came from JZA70's to give them ABS capability.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Dirgle;1901874 said:
The R154 you are getting should already have the ABS sensor in it. It is plug'n'play with the body side harness on your car. No need to worry about it.

Yeah, the driftmotion cable is for R154 transmissions that came from JZA70's to give them ABS capability.

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUCK. I've never seen that before, and I'm always on that damn website. Thank you man. Hoping he still has one

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2