Questions... lots of questions...

Demianu27

Dec 22, 2005
haha, usa
1. How exactly do you upgrade a CT26?

2. What's the best boost controller setup for a beginner? (as in easiest to install/maintain/tune) Is there anything else I need to buy besides the boost controller? Where's the best place to get one?

3. Best site to order strut tower bars, sway bars, and the rear cross bar?

4. What's better for drifting, Illumina II's and Eibachs or TEIN SS?

5. What's a afpr, where can I get one, and what else do I need to buy besides it?

6. Where's a great site to buy a Lex AFM and is there anything else I need to buy besides it?

7. What is a SAFCR?

8. What's the link to the part names and numbers of the 2 pieces i need to help make shifting smoother if i do the short shift mod?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dziuggy

eurotrash
Mar 31, 2005
san francisco, ca
dziuggy.com
you send it to turbo shop

2. What's the best boost controller setup for a beginner? (as in easiest to install/maintain/tune) Is there anything else I need to buy besides the boost controller? Where's the best place to get one?
MBC or shim your wg

swaybars are similar most places, strut bars ebay or on for sale forums, cross bar is made by do luck and can be bought from couple places but is not cheap.

diferent car

5. What's a afpr, where can I get one, and what else do I need to buy besides it?
if you dont know what it is you dont need it. it is fuel preasure regulator.

6. Where's a great site to buy a Lex AFM and is there anything else I need to buy besides it?
ebay/for slae forums

7. What is a SAFCR?
supra autonomic forcedinduction compresion ratio

8. What's the link to the part names and numbers of the 2 pieces i need to help make shifting smoother if i do the short shift mod?
short shifter for our cars is $300+, you can do sogi mod though

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Dziuggy said:
9. What's the link to the part names and numbers of the 2 pieces i need to help make shifting smoother if i do the short shift mod?

Supras.com -> SOGI -> Tech Center -> Manual Tranmission -> Short Shift MOD.

Drew

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Dziuggy said:
you send it to turbo shop

MBC or shim your wg

swaybars are similar most places, strut bars ebay or on for sale forums, cross bar is made by do luck and can be bought from couple places but is not cheap.

diferent car

if you dont know what it is you dont need it. it is fuel preasure regulator.

ebay/for slae forums

7. What is a SAFCR?
supra autonomic forcedinduction compresion ratio

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I would say befor anything, get a devided downpipe, upgrade you IC pipes (serch their evry where) and be more spacific on boost controller, are you looking for mechanical or electrical, and how much do you want to spend and how long do you want to go withoug upgrading it, as far as upgrading the turbo tho their are great bolt on kits and you can send the ct26 away for upgrades. But befor any one starts talking parts we need to know about a few things
1.you HP goals
2.what do you plan on doing with the care (reaslisticly)
3.is it you daily driver(how streatable do you want)
4.how how much money do you want to spend
hope this helps and good luck.

Demianu27

Dec 22, 2005
haha, usa
BoostFreak said:
I would... and good luck.

Well I didn't really want this to be one of those, "I'm a noob and I want more power" threads, I was just trying to get info.

But I see why some of this info might be useful so I'll speak;

I'm shooting for about 350 HP. It's not my daily driver. I'm going to get a performance rebuild this summer. I was also talking about electronic boost controllers, not manual.

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
I fegurd not and didn't mean it to be insaulting, but i would say run either an upgraded ct or look at a http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pri...erformance/Turbos/Turbo_Kits/part/MK3_Bolt-on
as a turbo upgrade, depends on how much money you would like to spend, I have herd good things about ths sound performance kit, then run 550's lex afm and an safc, 18psi and your good, i meen you have tuns of options, depends on how far you want to go aswell, if your like me you can never have enough power lol, thats why I'm spending the extra money to get MAFT pro even tho I won't have all the mods yet, still I plan on doing it and rather than wast the money on lex and safc than upgrade later I go for fold, and for boost controller, I like hks products, but the greddy seris are good aswell, but alot of their benifets are only helful if you have an external wastegate, but I beleve for siplicity and mony go with an hks unit but I am prolly wrong on that, but I way of doing things is prolly difrent than yours I would say for 350 rwhp and not a hole lot more go with
upgrade ct26
lex afm
safc
550's
and runs some more boost
hoop this helps a little and if I say anything wron, this is just my openion and sugestions just min so they could be wrong I don't know and thats just my 2psi
....oh and mind the spelling I had a long day lol

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Demianu27 said:

Well one usually sends it to Performance Techniques : They bore out the intake side and put in some bigger center wheels.( basically thats what they do...but i think more is involved.Oh yeah,..they make your turbo look brand new :).

The Electronics boost controllers recommended: Maybe Greddy profec B is the easiest: Turbo smart makes some manual ones, and they are pretty good:DR:Jones makes manuals ones and are fairly cheap.(No experience with that but he knows what he is doing.
But electronic ones are the better choice.Buy them from Ebay, or get them used from other people.

Sway Bars: Summit Racing (Suspension Techniques): Strut Bars - Ebay, one of the sponsors here, a fellow Supra owner:

I'd say the Teins will be better for Drifting providing more adjustability: The Eibachs WILL blow out on you: But then, if you want to really drift, get another car:

Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator: DO NOT GET ONES FROM EBAY (Cheapies), AEM and I think Aeromotive makes them for Supras and are excellent quality( Dont cheap out on this).You will need a fuel pressure gauge with this.,maybe a wideband sensor as well.
Get an SAFC II, EMANAGE: etc to help tune with this.

EBAY: Here: Junkyard:

7. What is a SAFCR?

Air and Fuel signal Controller : you will need it to modify the air/voltage signal if you have more fuel going in your car( Bigger injectors) and when you put in a Lexus Air Flow Mete
r.

http://www.supras.com/06/techcenter/display.php?QID=30

That's all I know man.

Here's the best advice, you can't be lazy and expect to be spoonfed when working on your Supra...you will never get your car running the way you want it if you do that.

You can get detailed answers to all the questions above if you click this LINK : WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Demianu27

Dec 22, 2005
haha, usa
Ty for the answers a lot.

Boostfreak, the SP bolt on kit seems promicing but I'm a little unsure as to what I'm looking at on that page.

There seems not to be much difference in price with the bigger milimeter compressor wheels, but there's a huge price difference between kits with or without the ball bearing turbo upgrade.

Does choosing which size compressor wheel matter greatly, and how much of a difference is there between the turbos with or without the ball bearing turbo upgrade?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
please notice that i edited most everyone's threads a little bit. this is due to the ridiculous amount of drama that ensued after the last time people chose to voice their opinions in this manner. those of you who posted, probably realize what i'm talking about. for future reference, please have the respect NOT to randomly pick out someone's car and make fun of it.

there's a certain level of maturity that we like to keep here at supramania. we all have opinions, and that's fine, but the way in which this specific car was pulled out of the blue, and had nothing to do with the technicalities of the post was just uncalled for, therefore i deleted the link. that's the only thing i did to your posts.

if you have any problems, please feel free to PM me.

now back to your regularly scheduled program.

-shaeff

Demianu27

Dec 22, 2005
haha, usa
Demianu27 said:
There seems not to be much difference in price with the bigger milimeter compressor wheels, but there's a huge price difference between kits with or without the ball bearing turbo upgrade.

Does choosing which size compressor wheel matter greatly, and how much of a difference is there between the turbos with or without the ball bearing turbo upgrade?

bump for the last questions

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Well... kindof. Shortening the shifter *does* shorten the throw, as you are moving your hand along the outside of a smaller diameter circle.

However, the difference isn't much. Certainly nowhere near the change from a C's.

Demianu27

Dec 22, 2005
haha, usa
GrimJack said:
Well... kindof. Shortening the shifter *does* shorten the throw, as you are moving your hand along the outside of a smaller diameter circle.

However, the difference isn't much. Certainly nowhere near the change from a C's.

Yep, it defenitly shortens the throw a littlebit since the diameter is smaller. Even if the mod only shortens the stick 2-3 inches, you will notice it right away.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
Demianu27 said:
bump for the last questions

yes it does matter what compressor wheel... how much lag do you want... and about the bb turbos... as far as I know the bb turbos aren't rebuildable but they do spool about 300rpms faster than a non bb turbo...

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Dziuggy said:
sogi short shifter mod just reduces the height of the shifter that is all. it does not reduce the throu. you will need SS or Cs shifter to do that

YUp...thats all it did. I had a SOGI mod in my last Supra, and by luck I have a C's short shifter in my current Supra...and boy that is a diffference of night and day in the shifts.

But the SOGI mod does not feel or look bat at all. Better than having that tall stick..