question number 1!

sc_sauced

Jan 24, 2007
dallas
www.myspace.com
sauce'd here! i have a really quick question about water pump interchangabilty. i got a hold of a A70 1jz 5peed swap that im placing in my sc300 and i dont wanna use the whole "hydrofan" setup. i was wanting to know what water pump is compatible with the 1jz out of the 2jz series that i can use. i've heard that you can do this but id rather ask before taking any chances.

LMK

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
get the 2JZ waterpump assembly from toyota and the mechanical fan and clutch and pulley and yur good to go

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
yup a 2j will work, iirc there is no difference in a 2JZGE or 2JZGTE. and also need the back piece to the 2J wp as well.

sc_sauced

Jan 24, 2007
dallas
www.myspace.com
damn you guys answer with the QUICKNESS!!!! thats what i thought. how about ill just save money and pull off the water pump assembly on my GE motor and psssstttt into the night FTW!!!

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
how many miles on that ge pump? im telling you, ditch it and get a new one little cost now saves u BIG time down the road.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
^^^word

and yes i am bored at work so i answer the question i know the answer to when they need to be answered as fast as i can answer them.....

lol did that make sense?

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
sc_sauced said:
i just changed it 8000 miles ago( bought from dealership ) i wanna get my money's worth out of it. Lexus oem aint cheap!:nono:

if you feel confident the do it, no one is saying you should do it, but if it was me, i would do it for just peace of mind. just like when the Tundra goes to the dealer ship for a timig belt, ( i dont feel froggy enough to do it nor do i actually have a place to do it) im gonna get the wp replaced.

sc_sauced

Jan 24, 2007
dallas
www.myspace.com
The Reaper said:
^^^word

and yes i am bored at work so i answer the question i know the answer to when they need to be answered as fast as i can answer them.....

lol did that make sense?

as the "common folk" say here is texas; by gosh boi, it sho did!!