Question: Mk4 to Mk3 parts interchangeability?

2jz_mk3man

Mar 14, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
Ok im going to ask u guys because every time i ask something on supra forums 90% of the people on there are dicks. OK is it true from what ive been told that i that u can use almost every part off a MK4 and put it on a MK3. let me know

2jz_mk3man

Mar 14, 2009
Gainesville, Fl
thats what i was thinking but they where telling me on supra forums that everything was but i didnt think that was right i know there are some things that are interchangeable thanks man

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Unless you want a 2jz... there is no need to upgrade to different wiring harnesses.

The harnesses do not fit on the MKIII directly. You will need to splice all the wires to the MKIII's body harnesses to make it work correctly.

Its not hard to do if you have prior experience with it, but for someone that does not know to much about wiring, or what wire goes to what on ethier car you can create a mess that can cost you thousands.

I would suggest you do research on the topic before you start your adventure into the jungle.

Otherwise you will be on here needing :1zhelp:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
2jz_mk3man;1297975 said:
Ok im going to ask u guys because every time i ask something on supra forums 90% of the people on there are dicks. OK is it true from what ive been told that i that u can use almost every part off a MK4 and put it on a MK3. let me know

No. The question is too widespread...take the targa for instance the targa tools are the same. the holders in the hatch? Don't have a clue. The targa no way the shapes are different. If you ask a question, like many that have been asked before, like will the 6speed work in a mk3 you will still get hammered as this has been answered many years back and a search would of yielded results.

Without commenting on SF I would suggest you read this. The guy took some time writing it up. There is good info there.

Want free highend technical advice? look here.

Last edited:

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
2jz_mk3man;1298010 said:
like the electronics and chassis wiring harness. i would like to upgrade all of that

I missed that part for some reason. Much better question.

Dr. Tweak does a lot of harness mods 1jz or 2jz. did mine
Dok did a 2jz with 7m electronics and posted a nice writeup.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
electronics and chassis harness with the archaic MKIV stuff when there is much better stuff out now a days? Pointless unless the car was in a fire and then, better to go to current gen aerospace stuff.