PS3 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
KeithH said:
I just wish that one of these days the company would wise up and make it seem like there was going to be a shortage and then FLOOD the freakin' market just to screw these punk@$$ biotches. How priceless would it be to get these clowns to buy up 5 or so units (paying people to wait in line with them and everything) only for them to find out there is a stack of units the size of Mt Everest waiting for them at the store.

I can see the Mastercard commercial now:

Tent for camping out in front of electronics store - $80 on debit Mastercard
Sleeping Bag to keep warm while waiting - $100 on debit Mastercard
Food while waiting for that big purchase - $40 on debit Mastercard
Paying people to wait in line with you and buy you extra game systems - $1000 on debit Mastercard
The ultimate game system - $600 (x6) on debit Mastercard
Getting stuck with 5 game systems that you can't even sell on ebay - PRICELESS!

Having said that... I totally see why this happens. Some people out there are soooo desp to get this unit that they are actually willing to pay more than 4X retail price for these (7000 units on ebay this morning some with bids over $4000). Apparently they weren't desp enough though to go out and wait in line to get their own unit and this is the penalty they have to pay.

So far nobody has produced an item that I couldn't wait for. But if someone could produce a $1000 flying car that runs on water and they were going to limit the run to just a handfull of units per store you KNOW I would be the first one in line!

I like this guy.

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Is this all that different than a rare, super JDM-tyte one of 10 part?
I think I've seen some HKS cams sell for way more than they're worth to alot of people. It's worth it to someone.

A PS3 went for $10k on ebay this morning. I understand paying more for having it now but that deserves a Darwin award.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
KeithH said:
I just wish that one of these days the company would wise up and make it seem like there was going to be a shortage and then FLOOD the freakin' market just to screw these punk@$$ biotches. How priceless would it be to get these clowns to buy up 5 or so units (paying people to wait in line with them and everything) only for them to find out there is a stack of units the size of Mt Everest waiting for them at the store.

Paying people to wait in line with you and buy you extra game systems - $1000 on debit Mastercard

Having said that... I totally see why this happens. Some people out there are soooo desp to get this unit that they are actually willing to pay more than 4X retail price for these (7000 units on ebay this morning some with bids over $4000). Apparently they weren't desp enough though to go out and wait in line to get their own unit and this is the penalty they have to pay.

So far nobody has produced an item that I couldn't wait for. But if someone could produce a $1000 flying car that runs on water and they were going to limit the run to just a handfull of units per store you KNOW I would be the first one in line!

:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm

LMFAO, thats great keith you should send that into visa and see if they do it.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
KeithH said:

since when is being a capitalist considered being a punkass bitch? i dont see a single problem with people doing what they want to get these and sell them for what they want. supply and demand is what runs this country. a more close the heart example would be the mk4. same exact concept.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SupraMan89 said:
lol just thought it would be something someone might be interested in...and yes i was one of those campers at best buy....and im making an easy grand off of it so......!SUCK IT!

We'll see about that. You'd be better off selling it to a friend of your's for 100-200 dollars over store price.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Yea, I don't think it's all that horrible, and I really don't understand why everyone wants one of these things, and they are so damn expensive...but who cares? Just don't post one for sale in the General Discussions forum!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
KeithH said:

These are my sentiments exactly. I well laugh and point at everyone I know who wasted their time like a loser standing in line just to resell PS3s.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
johnathan1 said:
Yea, I don't think it's all that horrible, and I really don't understand why everyone wants one of these things, and they are so damn expensive...but who cares? Just don't post one for sale in the General Discussions forum!

They're not that expensive, honestly. 500-600 is pretty decent for a blu-ray player(plus everything else PS3 does)

the secondhand consoles are stupidly priced and I refuse to believe most of those high dollar auctions are true sales.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
spoolme said:
IB4L
i sold my 3 PS2's i bought back in the day for $700 each on ebay!!!

This won't be like PS2 or 360. It wasn't popular then. Now everyone thinks they have a genious plan to make quick money. The supply for $2000 secondhand consoles is higher than the demand, I'm sure.

ok, I'm done

IBTL

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
since when is being a capitalist considered being a punkass bitch? i dont see a single problem with people doing what they want to get these and sell them for what they want. supply and demand is what runs this country. a more close the heart example would be the mk4. same exact concept.

If a bunch of rich guys came in and bought up every MK4 in the country and put them back on the market, ALL of the true enthusiasts would cry foul. There are people who buy MK4s to flip them for higher prices, but not THAT many in comparison to the enthusiasts.

Or what if I won the lotto and bought all the incoming 1J clips and decided to sell them all at 10000 dollars each?

PS3 right now is the same as the hypothetical situations I gave above. Too many people think they're wise guys and will make quick money off these things. Some will, many will NOT.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
OneJoeZee said:
If a bunch of rich guys came in and bought up every MK4 in the country and put them back on the market, ALL of the true enthusiasts would cry foul. There are people who buy MK4s to flip them for higher prices, but not THAT many in comparison to the enthusiasts.

Or what if I won the lotto and bought all the incoming 1J clips and decided to sell them all at 10000 dollars each?

PS3 right now is the same as the hypothetical situations I gave above. Too many people think they're wise guys and will make quick money off these things. Some will, many will NOT.

annnd? whats your point? there would be nothing illegal or even wrong with doing that..... if you have the startup capital to do that then do it...HOWEVER you just better hope demand stays the same with the prices being jacked up...

its a see-saw deal.... the supply is low...the demand is high...BUT prices determine demand....so where is the point where people say i dont want that anymore because of the price? thats the question... IMO the 2-3k auctions on ebay are legit (for the most part).

theres nothing wrong with what is going on. its simple economics. and assuming sony only releases the original 400k they stated before the holidays.... i see nothing but smooth sailing for the people who bought them to resell them.

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
I think paying more money just to get a console right away is so fuckin dumb. Wait one month till they re-stock it, and pay the normal price. Is paying an extra grand for a console worth having a month before everyone else? Who gives a shit...hey heres an idea, why dont you just wait a month and get reviews gathered up from USERS not just the critics and decide if its even worth it. What if the thing totally craps out and isnt even worth 300 bucks?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
xXxICExXx said:
I think paying more money just to get a console right away is so fuckin dumb. Wait one month till they re-stock it, and pay the normal price. Is paying an extra grand for a console worth having a month before everyone else? Who gives a shit...hey heres an idea, why dont you just wait a month and get reviews gathered up from USERS not just the critics and decide if its even worth it. What if the thing totally craps out and isnt even worth 300 bucks?

that would be all well and good if it was the case... but youhave two things in play here... one is xmas.... people want these as presents for whomever... two is supply...these will NOT be restocked in a month... there might be a few more shipped before the end of the year but nowhere near what the demand is....

therefore people are paying money to have one before xmas or just to have one because they want it.

obviously they have the money to throw down for it so why not?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Idealsupra said:
annnd? whats your point? there would be nothing illegal or even wrong with doing that..... if you have the startup capital to do that then do it...HOWEVER you just better hope demand stays the same with the prices being jacked up...

its a see-saw deal.... the supply is low...the demand is high...BUT prices determine demand....so where is the point where people say i dont want that anymore because of the price? thats the question... IMO the 2-3k auctions on ebay are legit (for the most part).

theres nothing wrong with what is going on. its simple economics. and assuming sony only releases the original 400k they stated before the holidays.... i see nothing but smooth sailing for the people who bought them to resell them.

I agree some of the auctions are legit, but many aren't. there's too many dumbasses who think they're smart and will bump up their own auction or have a friend do it. The smart people will get rid of them as fast as they can with "decent" prices. The rest will sit on them with 1 or more consoles they don't even want.

just because it's simple economics doesn't make it OK and everyone should go play nice. It's not illegal but it's pretty shitty that masses of people are robbing true enthusiasts of their system or emptying their pockets. It's legal extortion...

You can use any example of something people are really enthusiastic or passionate for. what if all the vendors on the forum started charging 2-3 times more for EVERYTHING they sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.