Prospective Purchase

normandouglas

Oct 1, 2007
East Bay, CA
Hi there.

I've always loved the look of the third gen Supras, and I've recently come into the position to purchase one. I plan on having it examined by a mechanic (toyota specific), but I would like to know if there are any immediate deal breakers. I've looked around and already read through this http://82.110.105.76/mkiiisupra.net...14515&highlight=guide+buying)........Improved
, but was wondering whether you guys had any tips on anything else i should be looking for? The car is an 88 N/A with an auto trans.

Any help or pointers that could be offered are appreciated.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
i would look for a turbo car to begin with, unless the NA/auto is a really clean example. check the mouldings and the mudflaps, <89 the mouldings are metal backed and tend to rust off.

normandouglas

Oct 1, 2007
East Bay, CA
Like i stated, I'm in love with the body style, not the performance aspect. I don't care about speed as long as it's mechanically sound. Is there anything that wasn't covered in the link that I should be wary of...

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
normandouglas said:
Like i stated, I'm in love with the body style, not the performance aspect. I don't care about speed as long as it's mechanically sound. Is there anything that wasn't covered in the link that I should be wary of...
NA's are very dependable DD's. Turbo's are more prone to BHG's. If you don't know alot about cars good idea to have it checked out by a mechanic. Won't cost to much and could save you quite a bit;)

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
being as your in cali,you have 3 different body options,hard top,targa and the elusive powered sunroof. try to find one that has been properly maintained.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
normandouglas said:

I was like that ' but after i drove a turbo mk3. I was like'' More Power'' but it's good to start with an n/a. I you don't really care about performance a good N/A targa would be nice. yOu have the nice supra look with the pimp top.