Project 'Coyote Ugly'

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
So, as many here know, my engine blew back in November, and I had every intention of fixing my white 1983 Supra...

Now, this car was originally going to donate its engine to my white car, which ended up falling through due to high cost of shipping and my own family life issues. The white Supra ended up getting sold (for dirt ass cheap considering what went with it) and I ended up moving out here to the great PacNW :)

This Light Blue JUNE 84 is aptly named Coyote Ugly due to being quite the hackjob. It has an 83 engine with main and engine harnesses, everything from the dashboard back is 83 wiring, which sucks. The windows do not work, and now I think the drivers window motor is completely burnt out. So she needs new harnesses which I believe Shawn will be helping me with. Also, the shifter bushing is gone, the one around the ball, it's just NOT THERE, so that obviously needs to be fixed.

Pix:

Car made it home, even with Matt driving :D (scorpmatt on cs.com)
p611359_1.jpg

p611359_2.jpg

p611359_3.jpg

Nice tweaked front end, doh
p611359_4.jpg

Interior...seats are ok, dash has some small cracks, carpet is utterly destroyed.
p611359_5.jpg

Cars first check up...... I was trying to see why the speedometer doesn't work, but apparently the cable and elbow are still good, so its the plastic gear thingy inside :(
p611359_6.jpg

Aaron (RabidChimp) helping me finish up putting the IP on.
p611359_7.jpg

Striking pose, eh?
p611359_8.jpg

Holy crap buildup Batman!
p611359_9.jpg

Bathtime, Matt hosing her down while Rich (Rich64N on cs.com) and the Chimp supervise, LOL
p611359_10.jpg

All clean (well mostly, it was getting dark and I didn't want to scrub wheels)
p611359_11.jpg

With all intents and purposes, this is kind of a fixer-upper thread and I will show progress pix along the way.

Very special thanks to Matt and Rich for all their help and thanks to Aaron being a big help with EVERYTHING and putting up with my bullshit. Future thanks to Shawn (aka Junkie aka old man, hehehe) who may be getting to teach me how to wire his brat up correctly :)

Many more pics, and probably numerous curse words to come :)

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
Awesome, good to hear you're back with a new car :)

And now that you're in WA, you're just a short lil drive (280km heh) away from Vancouver BC...come up to one of our meets!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
That would be a 77 celica GT fastback :)

Totally wanted that car, but owner is giving the car to son :(

Tanya has a gay blue Supra now, ehehheheh

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
Tanya said:
Tanya has a gay blue Supra now, ehehheheh
i think it's only gay blue when a dude is driving it.a female rocking it,we can just call it baby blue:biglaugh:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
You moved? Again? Jeez, start callin you "gypsy"... :D Anyway, for real though, Im glad you got a supra that you can baby...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Got a few things accomplished yesterday... changed the oil in the brat and got the driver's door fixed.

The door had a nasty sag which made you have to slam it to get it to close properly, and was probably the reason for the drain on the battery which is now completely fried.

The door hinge pins have lost their little rings around them, so Aaron and I took the hinges off the Red 83 parts car at Richs, but we took the wrong damn ones! I found that out after we had already removed the door from Coyote Ugly, LOL

So I put it all back together, and apparently just the slight re-arrangement managed to make the door close 10 times better, so even though the hinges are still bad, I'm pleased.

Sure wish I had a damn working battery for the street hooker :duh:

Oh, and look at how nerdy I am, made this Tshirt for myself :)
p619154_1.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Fixed the wobbly fan clutch today, it was replaced with a unit from a 6MGE, so now I'm JDM tyte yO!

Also got a better battery, I like having the car actually START when I want her to.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Ok... yesterday I finally got the miscellenous junk out of the interior and vacuumed it pretty well, which only revealed how ugly the carpet is and brings out the mismatched seats even more

p642038_1.jpg

p642038_2.jpg

A few hours later, I decided to go rape a 1983 of it's black striped interior, which is faded to a dark blue/violet color. At least it will all fucking match, lol
p642038_3.jpg

p642038_4.jpg

Also recovered the cars original hood and headlight covers, so those will be going on soon. No more retarded red bullshit!! :biglaugh: