Prep work

ts_MKIII

Aug 8, 2005
Virginia Beach
ok well everyone seeems to be helpful so here, i was wondring what people have used in the past to take off paint off thier cars, i want to take it off and do the prework, i want to strip it down to the bare metal. so i can fix the dings etc blah blah.

N

NDBoost

holy hell freeky +1 im going to try this on a spare door or something and see how well it comes out!

If its as good as people are saying im going to be "re touching" the supra

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
i would never do this on my supra, but now im tempted to buy my friends beater and give it a shot. That charger loooks sick with that paint.

freeky6

Jan 31, 2006
Houston
After I prep and repair my supra's body I am doing this and shanging the color to a dark grey. Hopefully I will have the whole car done in about 2 months

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
well, if you want to do it right, get an orbital sander, used for stripping paint, use 80 grit, once you are to bare metal, it doesnt take all that long, go back over it with a d.a. sander ( dual action 6 inch) with 80 grit, do the body work, then da the whole thing 180 grit, then prime the whole thing ( 3 coats) with a long block, sand by hand with 180, 220, then 320, then when you paint, make sure you get 2 good coats of sealer before the base coat