**Post your Motorcycle pics Thread**

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
buckshotglass said:
get good at stopping. You already you can get the bike going, make sure you can stop it. You will be glad you did. Use your front brake.:)

Be safe.

i tried a couple quick stops, never locked it up so i felt i did ok at least. First gear is just pissin me off im not used to clutch driving at all. Saftey above everything else is my goal, not to look cool, not to smoke people although those are nice......

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
89Turbo said:
Most if my friends tried to peer pressure me into riding to work and here and there all day today but i only have my permit(no one to ride with) and it doesnt have plates on it yet so i would be asking to be pulled over.

That's good you didn't. Riding out on the main roads can be difficult at first.

Have you scheduled to take the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation, http://msf-usa.org/ ) riders course? I would HIGHY recommend you going to that class. I have done the Beginners and Experienced Riders Course. You learn a whole lot. Plus after you finish the course, they approve your riders license.

BTW, this is the 00' Ninja EX500 that I bought for my wife a couple years ago, but sold it because I don't think I'd be able to live with life if she wrecked it and hurt herself. They really didn't change much from then till now.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
damn wish i had that color option.......i have scheduled to take the course but they are booked until mid JULY which leaves me to only ride around my neighborhood and when my buddy Mike wants to cruise with. Oh well, by that time i should FLY through the course....

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
buckshotglass said:
D&D pipes = loud.

Yea, the D&D came on it when we bought it. It was very loud. But made me smile everytime I got on it. People in the neighborhood hated it.

I love the sound of a Ducati :love: .

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ lol I'm trying to tell the kids at advance that... both first time riders and they're going in on one of those buddy deals on Busas. I told them they were idiots, they just laughed and said I was jealous because they'd be faster... While true, I'm more worried about having to work more hours because they fucked themselves up.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
Those crotch rockets sure look sweet but somebody has to represent for the old junky bike crowd so here they are!
GL1100-2.jpg

My current ride: 1982 GL1100 Goldwing Aspencade
GL500i-2.jpg

My wife's GL500i Silverwing Interstate next to a CB750 K5 I built to sell
XR50RR.jpg

My son's 2000 XR50RRRR
GT80.jpg

The bike I race my son with is a 1975 GT80
69sandcast.jpg

My 1969 CB750 Sandcast restoration project. These are actually really rare and sandcast parts are extremely hard to find. I just recently located a brand new set of factory pipes in the Netherlands for $1000 shipped. That's why I put the K5 together, to sell so I can buy those pipes.
V65Magna.jpg

My 1984 V65 Magna which was my DD until I got the Goldwing. It needs a new clutch but when it was going, it was crazy fast! I have a Vance & Hines header for it but I have to re-jet the carbs before installing it. I'll probably do that when I change the clutch.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
thinking about buying a ninja (ex) 500, from the triumph dealership
GF7AseAWSDYg9BfVDw55NV1UGOnU.jpg

i got approved for 5000 from them so im thinkin about getting it, im not sure tho cause i really want a 2005-06 daytona 600, i told them to call me wen they get one in.

if anything ima try to get a $5000 loan to get a daytona anyway.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
empera said:
nope, this will be my first bike.

the 500 is a perfect bike for a begginer dude i fuckin love it, i would say you DEF. dont need anything bigger than a 500..... and they have a good ass resale value.

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
empera said:
nope, this will be my first bike.
A Speed Triple is not a good first bike. Fun, but not what I would want to learn on.
My buddy had a Bonnie, it's what I first rode, and I got this bike...
tribags.jpg

I traded it for the Speed Triple that I Just sold.

If you are sane, A Daytona may be ok, but it's a fast bike. Learn to stop. That's what counts.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
well for some reason i thought the speed four was pretty much as the triple, but yea too much power for me.

we'll see wat happens

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
You like my 69 CL450? You should see my Dad's 1970 Triumph T100C he has sitting in his living room. We did a frame-off and it was just too pretty to ride :naughty: I'll have to get pics sometime soon.