Post Your desktops!!

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Got Boost? said:
This is what I have. Not quite sure how to get both monitors to have separate wallpapers though.

p441082_1.jpg

How you do it is just go into paint or whatever (preferrably Photoshop) and make a IMAGE SIZE which is the two screens added together.

so if both are 1024x768 resolution then your screen for your custom wallpapers will be 2048x768. THen you go and get two wallpapers to that resolution and put them side by side in your Graphics Edition program, and then save.

Apply it as desktop, and then click on TILE and it will show them as beingboth on seperate screens :) Hope that helps.

p.s. THE tile will happenf rom PRIMARY monitor and then go acros the other side. So if your primary monitor is on the left and secondary on the right then putting the two wallpapers in the 1 big image (preferrably saved as a .bmp to remove compression for windows) will have LEFT half of the 2048x768 resolution the Primary wallpaper and the other half the secondary.

Oh and this means you dont need no other programs running :) (hint hint ultramon...) saving you cpu cycles memory and what not and no need to fiddle as long as you know your monitor dimensions this will work. If you need any more help just pm me with the images or whatever. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I took this. The dark water is where the seaweed is. The light area is the sandy beach at Cancun. I don't care if you copy it. Looks like a post card to me.
Cancun,%20Mexico%20051.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
vas85 said:
How you do it is just go into paint or whatever (preferrably Photoshop) and make a IMAGE SIZE which is the two screens added together.

so if both are 1024x768 resolution then your screen for your custom wallpapers will be 2048x768. THen you go and get two wallpapers to that resolution and put them side by side in your Graphics Edition program, and then save.

Apply it as desktop, and then click on TILE and it will show them as beingboth on seperate screens :) Hope that helps.

p.s. THE tile will happenf rom PRIMARY monitor and then go acros the other side. So if your primary monitor is on the left and secondary on the right then putting the two wallpapers in the 1 big image (preferrably saved as a .bmp to remove compression for windows) will have LEFT half of the 2048x768 resolution the Primary wallpaper and the other half the secondary.

Oh and this means you dont need no other programs running :) (hint hint ultramon...) saving you cpu cycles memory and what not and no need to fiddle as long as you know your monitor dimensions this will work. If you need any more help just pm me with the images or whatever. :)

Isn't that pretty much what I said? :icon_razz

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
vas85 said:

Kool. you guys rock.