post pictures of your exhaust!!!!!!!!!

7MGTESUPRAMAN

Aug 8, 2005
Macon, GA
Pic of my exhaust, 3 inch mandrel bent to a OBX muffler. Need to get a downpipe and test pipe.:3d_frown:
p459940_1.jpg

p459940_2.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The super dragger has to be the most quite aftermarket exhaust I've seen that is larger than 3" ;). If you get it, I'd paint the canister to keep the cops off your ass, it's def. an attention grabber.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Don't know, I don't have one... Why would you want a cat? Go test pipe! ;)

The stock cat is iirc 2.5" (turbo) and the dragger is aprox 3.3"... I'd say nope, huge ass exhaust leak.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Does the end of the Dragger exhaust's flange where it bolts to the cat shrink down to a smaller size?

I just don't see a 2.5" exhaust flange bolting onto a 3.3" exhaust flange without leaking... I have a 3" test pipe and tired bolting on the 2.5" pacesetter (came with the car) for shits and giggles, and it leaked around the sides. So if that was so, then an even bigger exhuast should leak more. This is all assuming the dragger exhaust isn't smaller where it bolts onto the cat, like I said, I don't know cuz I don't have that particular exhaust.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
None of these exhausts should really cause enough backpressure to leak at the flange.. lol

But I've got to ask... not to be a wiseass, but when you bolted your testpipe onto your pacesetter catback, you did use a gasket, right?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
supra90turbo said:
None of these exhausts should really cause enough backpressure to leak at the flange.. lol

But I've got to ask... not to be a wiseass, but when you bolted your testpipe onto your pacesetter catback, you did use a gasket, right?

Yes, I used a gasket, lol. And when it was bolted down you could still see a small opening into the testpipe on either side, no matter how much you scooted the catback side to side, it wouldn't seal up. I'd also like to point out that the flange from the test pipe and the one on the catback weren't exactly the same shape either, this is why I don't think they sealed properly. The testpipe was made by Greg Pickett (cooleeze).