Plug that I have no idea where it goes

ok im starting to get this thing back together and I just got the engine dropped in yesterday. Well I got lots of things hooked up but theres this gray 2 wire plug down near the starter that I have no idea where it goes. I got the 2 that plug into the tranny plugged in so I know its not those but im just lost with it. Any ideas????

Thanks
Danny

jpeek29208

Boostin Daily
Apr 4, 2005
Enterprise, Al
hmm i belive there is a extra plug down there for some shit. i would just not worry about it and if a code is throw and you know where to look. but most people have alot of extra plug for headlight washers,egr sensor(cali and foreign shit).

also a pictures would help alot.

j

OK heres the pics of the plug...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Im not sure what its for but its not hooked up on my car either. I took this picture a while back to help document the loose looms in that area. My car is a auto -> r154 swap so i got a whole loom of dead wires.

dscf17101er.jpg

It appears that that plug was never plugged into anything, judging by the dirt. Dont take that as a written fact, thats just how it is with mine.

Hope that helps
-Drew

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
lowbudgettarga said:
your car probably doesn't have abs and that plug is for the rear speed sensor for the abs

Are you positive?? I have abs but my light is on. I just thought it needed new pads or something like that but that doesnt seem too logical. Let me know.

Edit: yes you are right. I never woulda thought that was why my light was on. Is it possible to have a r154 without a rear speed sensor (iow, what is in its place instead?). I think the r154 in my car is from a non-ABS car. IDK, its just another thing to look into, but for now im gonna go party.

Green Chevelle, look for the sensor wire on the transmission.

Last edited:

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
GreenChevelleSS said:
well how many wires are on the transmission? Theres one in a clip on top and then theres another on the drivers side that has a very long wire and a 4 pin plug but only 2 wires.

Hahaha well i couldnt help lookin and i found my rear speed sensor wire somewhere below my steering shaft. yeah green chevelle that is the one for it (the one on the driver side) but mine is a 4 prong with 3 prongs on it?? and it didnt match wires with any of the plugs. One fit, but the there wires going into the plug (from up near engine) wouldnt have matched up with the three prongs from the RSS.

It looked something like this.

Engine plug: RSS plug:
[ w || w ] [ w || w ]
[ w || o ] [ w || o ]

Ill have to check it again when i have more time, maybe later tonight, just to be sure.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Im talking about the only plug that could fit the RSS now, and im not sure what plug low budgettarga was talking about because the small double round one you were talking about wont fit the RSS thing like he said. But, if you look at one of the wires coming off of the master cylinder is the same hook-up. Im not sure, because if they used similar connectors for similar components on a car, then that would be something for the ABS.